[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody ever heard of the Jena 6?

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

Not even related to the jumping at the school. Those kids were crashing a party and got thier asses kicked by one guy.

The five youth persisted, stating that some friends were already in the party. A white man, not a student,[3] then jumped in front of the woman and began a fight. The fight was broken up and the woman told both the white man and five black youth to leave the party. Once outside, the black students were involved in another fight with a group of white men, not students.

It is related to the jumping at the school because it outlines a history of possible racial violence perpetuated against these kids. Now whether they were the one's that caused the fight is another question. In a case like this IMO it is wrong to just ignore some of the facts because you deem them irrelevant. These kids may be guilty as hell, but from what I've read & seen there certainly seems to be some prejudice on the side of the prosecution as well as a lot of the townsfolk & it also seems to me that they have been very poorly defended as well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can't be a hate crime if it is black people [or any non-white] performing the act. Only when a white person does it. Get yer facts straight.

If you all wanna sit here and cry about crap like this then read here: West Memphis 3

Its not just blacks that this happens to in the south.....

What does that even have to do with the topic at hand? Although the wikipedia article is poorly written and jumps around alot, all I took from it was three white teens murdered three 8 year old white boys. :D

It is related to the jumping at the school because it outlines a history of possible racial violence perpetuated against these kids. Now whether they were the one's that caused the fight is another question. In a case like this IMO it is wrong to just ignore some of the facts because you deem them irrelevant. These kids may be guilty as hell, but from what I've read & seen there certainly seems to be some prejudice on the side of the prosecution as well as a lot of the townsfolk & it also seems to me that they have been very poorly defended as well.

Yup

indeed they were, this is one of the sources of the wiki entry:

Bell's court-appointed public defender, Blane Williams, had urged the teenager to accept a plea bargain on the eve of the trial, but Bell declined. Williams, who is black, did not challenge the composition of the jury pool, which included no African-Americans, and the defense rested without calling any witnesses. He also excluded the teenager's parents from the courtroom.

"Blane Williams did not want to go to trial, he was not prepared to go to trial and he was angry when he was forced to go to trial," said Alan Bean, director of Friends of Justice, a Texas-based civil rights group that has closely followed the Jena case. "So he just sort of plowed ahead and decided to go through the motions."

Williams did not return calls seeking comment about his handling of the case.

"The appellate court now gets a chance to set this right," Williams told The Associated Press after the verdict.

What does that even have to do with the topic at hand? Although the wikipedia article is poorly written and jumps around alot, all I took from it was three white teens murdered three 8 year old white boys. :D

Yup

For that matter what relevance do any of the links provided of black on white hate crimes have on this case? Yes it happens both ways & absolutely the hate crimes against whites get little to no coverage by comparison, but what does that matter in this particular case? What's wrong is wrong, it does not matter one damn bit which race it is. Am I angry that the black on white crimes gets less coverage? Absolutely...but I'm just as angry when someone is unfairly judged & prosecuted based on their color...black, white, orange or green.

Again, I say that these kids may be guilty as hell & may deserve every bit of whatever sentence they get. But one thing they do deserve is a FAIR trial.

For that matter what relevance do any of the links provided of black on white hate crimes have on this case? Yes it happens both ways & absolutely the hate crimes against whites get little to no coverage by comparison, but what does that matter in this particular case? What's wrong is wrong, it does not matter one damn bit which race it is. Am I angry that the black on white crimes gets less coverage? Absolutely...but I'm just as angry when someone is unfairly judged & prosecuted based on their color...black, white, orange or green.

Again, I say that these kids may be guilty as hell & may deserve every bit of whatever sentence they get. But one thing they do deserve is a FAIR trial.

Agreed.

They had an attorney, the attorney told him to accept a plea agreement. He lost the case.

:D This is an unexpected attitude from JJ.

Especially considering he's black. :wacko:

DMD is a racist as well...look at his ONLY black smiley & tell me it is not so------> :D

He even has the Hispanics bowing down to his whiteness-------> :wacko:

SO you say this from experience? When is the last time you walked thru a black neighborhood?

White people tend to be more rationale as a whole and are simply better educated people. If a black person walks through a white neighborhood at 2 in the morning the residents of the white community will leave him alone. A white boy walking through a black neighborhood is likely to get the crap kicked out of him.

SO you say this from experience? When is the last time you walked thru a black neighborhood?

You bite pretty easily...

Yesterday, but I tap danced my way through the entire neighborhood and all the coloreds left me alone. :D

:D