[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Motorcycle ?

SheikYerbuti

V-twin vs. Inline-4

What kind of bike are you looking at? Cruiser, sportbike? I have a Suzuki SV650S, which is a V-twin. Actually not really able to ride it right now, laid it down because of some Megan Fox cager not paying attention....should be back on it soon though. :D Good luck.....and yeah, do alot of research. And yes, "motorcycles are dangerous"! Just depends on your situation, and how you want to live life I guess....

What kind of bike are you looking at? Cruiser, sportbike?

A Cruiser. I'm looking for a starter bike, something in the 250cc range. Just for getting around town.

thanks for the link! I read the whole article and I might as well have been reading Chinese, until I got to the last paragraph:

What all this means is that, unless you’re involved in a serious racing program, it doesn’t really matter what motor layout powers your bike.

Now THAT'S what I wanted to hear!!

:D

Edited by SheikYerbuti

V-twin vs. Inline-4

What kind of bike are you looking at? Cruiser, sportbike? I have a Suzuki SV650S, which is a V-twin. Actually not really able to ride it right now, laid it down because of some Megan Fox cager not paying attention....should be back on it soon though. :D Good luck.....and yeah, do alot of research. And yes, "motorcycles are dangerous"! Just depends on your situation, and how you want to live life I guess....

I hadnt heard that you went down Hitman. How bad did you take it? Less importantly hows the bike?

A Cruiser. I'm looking for a starter bike, something in the 250cc range. Just for getting around town.

A 250 is way to small of an engine for a grown man to be riding on the street. If you want to pull out into trafffic or somebody gets to close to your ass you want to be able to GO. I wouldn't go that small IMHO. The 400-500 range doesn't weigh a whole lot more, but has a lot more GO. Think of getting a bigger motor as a safety feature. :D

thanks for the link! I read the whole article and I might as well have been reading Chinese, until I got to the last paragraph:

Now THAT'S what I wanted to hear!!

:D

I would strongly suggest something in the 600-750cc range. 250cc will get little real quick for you. Just remember, yes, the engine is bigger, but it is still the same oaf twisting the throttle whether it is a 250cc engine or a 750cc engine. You can decide how far to whack it...and I guarantee you'll grow in to the bike quickly.

Good luck!

Agreed at least a 750 is what you should get.

A Cruiser. I'm looking for a starter bike, something in the 250cc range.

. The 400-500 range

I would strongly suggest something in the 600- range

Agreed at least a 750 is what you should get.

:D by the time this thread is over you are going to have one of those bikes that goes so fast it has the parachute that shoots out to stop you ??

I agree with the advice given above as far as engine displacement is concerned. I leard on smaller bikes and moved up in size as I got more confortable and in retrospect, there isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference between things in the 250-600 cc range. Having the extra torque of a larger engine will get you out of more trouble than it will get you into as you learn. Seriously consider something in the 600-750 cc range to learn on. You will thank us in the long run.