[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who here has had General Anesthesia?

Pope Flick

I've been put under twice that I can remember, once for wisdom teeth extraction and once for a hernia repair. Neither case I had issues with. With my wisdom teeth I was gassed and went out pretty quickly. I remember coming to very vaguely, the ride home stopping at McD's for a milkshake slightly more, and then really waking up several hours later.

With my hernia, I was taken back to the operating room that seemed to have been kept at about -35 degrees. I was freezing with just the tiny hospital gown on and since it was a hernia operation, there wasn't a whole lot else to keep me warm. I remember the doc saying I would start to feel warm all over and sure enough, as soon as the meds hit my IV it felt like it was the middle of summer on a sunny beach. A few seconds later I was out.

Neither instance do I remember any types of dreams while I was out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...things went well, and Lm shcoked at how smooth this went. I got stitched up and was awake and remebering conversation with 35-40 minutes.

I never got the countdown, as they juiced me up before wheeling me into the OR and all I remember was a hallway.

BTW-that post a few above that was my reply to dmarc was not a joke. I now have a 4 inch scar on my neck beginning just below my left ear. I'm even more badass than before. The cyst was 7 cm long and about 5 around. :D

I'm glad that everything went well for you. :wacko:

That was one bigass cyst!!!!! :D

I'm glad that everything went well for you. :D

That was one bigass cyst!!!!! :D

It had been stable for some time, but after the surgery was scheduled it took off again.

I'm frankly still in shock at how good I feel thus far (knock on wood) - modern US medicine is no joke.

A few years back I was put under to take the ole camera in the pooter... wife tells me that as I am coming to in the recovery room I kept asking nurses if the liked my arse (They did of course) and then I started laughing very loudly when the woman in the recovery area next to me kept farting quite loudly. She had the same procedure as me so apparently I was ripping away too.