[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers or Alex Smith

jah

I think you've gotta go with Rivers... Nothing against Alex Smith, but Rivers is just a safer guy to have, IMO. It's not a talent issue, as there's huge potential for both. BUT.. all other things considered, I feel much better about the proven weapons around PR.

I like Vernon Davis, but he's gotta go out and live up to his potential and stay injury free. He can be the next Gates, and possible much more. He's just gotta DO it.

I don't feel very good about the Niners WRs... Not a big DJax fan, and they don't seem to have much behind him to get excited about (even though I, personally, am interested in how Jason Hill develops...). There's a lot more to the Chargers wideouts than they're given credit for... you just don't have to worry about them so much because the #1 WR is usually the 3rd passing option in their offense.

That leaves LT and Gore... Gotta love Frank, but I don't think there's need for debate on that one.

JMO.

Edited by champdog76

I think you've gotta go with Rivers... Nothing against Alex Smith, but Rivers is just a safer guy to have, IMO. It's not a talent issue, as there's huge potential for both. BUT.. all other things considered, I feel much better about the proven weapons around PR.

I like Vernon Davis, but he's gotta go out and live up to his potential and stay injury free. He can be the next Gates, and possible much more. He's just gotta DO it.

I don't feel very good about the Niners WRs... Not a big DJax fan, and they don't seem to have much behind him to get excited about (even though I, personally, am interested in how Jason Hill develops...). There's a lot more to the Chargers wideouts than they're given credit for... you just don't have to worry about them so much because the #1 WR is usually the 3rd passing option in their offense.

That leaves LT and Gore... Gotta love Frank, but I don't think there's need for debate on that one.

JMO.

I have Rivers and A. Smith as well. I was going to start A. Smith until I read what you wrote. I think I'll go with Rivers now. Although I am starting Frank Gore and Vernon Davis as well. Does that sway you back to Smith at all?

I was about to post a question on which to start, as I am between these two guys as well...

There's the theory of "always start who you drafted first" for the first week, but I just feel like you have to look at the matchups, here. Could Rivers get more than 225 yds, and 2 TD's passing? Probably not, and there's a chance A. Smith could get more... Guess it depends on what you want/need from your QB - if "okay" will do it for you, stick w/ Rivers, but if you need big game potential go with A. Smith. Somebody talk me out of starting Smith???

I was about to post a question on which to start, as I am between these two guys as well...

There's the theory of "always start who you drafted first" for the first week, but I just feel like you have to look at the matchups, here. Could Rivers get more than 225 yds, and 2 TD's passing? Probably not, and there's a chance A. Smith could get more... Guess it depends on what you want/need from your QB - if "okay" will do it for you, stick w/ Rivers, but if you need big game potential go with A. Smith. Somebody talk me out of starting Smith???

I drafted Rivers ahead of Smith, but I'm leaning hard toward Smith. Although the play who you drafted first has burned me in the past, especially in wk1 when I tried to play matchups

I have Rivers and A. Smith as well. I was going to start A. Smith until I read what you wrote. I think I'll go with Rivers now. Although I am starting Frank Gore and Vernon Davis as well. Does that sway you back to Smith at all?

if anything I would run Rivers even more-so...

don't put all your eggs in one basket...

an owner in my local has 5 players in last nights game

Brees

Addai

Colston

Wayne

Vinateiri

it was hit and miss....I'd run Rivers...