[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore

capostatus

No preseason snaps + recent broken hand + stout Cards run D (lastnight atleast) = 70 and a touch

Hard to complain, it could have been alot worse.

I was happy though, I was down by 2 with Edge going for me against Gore lastnight and won by 2. That play at the end with 1st and goal at the one made my heart explode.

Comparing last year and this year, Gore vs. Arizona:

11 for 51 (2TD) rushing and 6 for 35 receiving game 1 vs. AR - '06.

16 for 87 (2TD) rushing and 6 for 83 receiving game 2 vs. AR - '06.

18 for 55 (1TD) rushing and 1 for 21 receiving this year.

The thing that stands out to me is the difference in passing to Gore this year. That does worry me a bit, moreso than the running, which should be better. Maybe Nolan is thinking of working others into the mix more? I think Arizona's defense is probably better this season.

He dropped at least two catchable balls that I saw - one in the 2nd and one a third and long before the final drive. Ditka kept wondering if the hand was truly healed and not affecting him. Frank insists he is/was 100%.

I think what is really, really overlooked in the Gore equation in the departure of Norv Turner and the maturity and/or progression of Alex Smith. Davis was non-existent last night. He caught one screen pass that was stopped for no gain and was overthrown on at least two other occassions. He was visibly frustrated. Jackson was targeted but balls were often too high. There were no shots taken at the end zone until time was running out in a close ball game at the end of the 4th quarter. Battle was the most targeted and considering he's their posession receiver it gives you an idea of where Smith is comfortable and how safe SF is playing it at the moment.

I am not jumping off the Gore bandwagon because I think he's a special player (depite not owning him for FF purposes) but unless Smith, the o-line, and the offensive coordinator open up the playbook it will be a long season for Gore as opposing defenses simply have to stack 8 in the box and dare Smith to throw it.

I think what is really, really overlooked in the Gore equation in the departure of Norv Turner and the maturity and/or progression of Alex Smith. Davis was non-existent last night. He caught one screen pass that was stopped for no gain and was overthrown on at least two other occassions. He was visibly frustrated. Jackson was targeted but balls were often too high. There were no shots taken at the end zone until time was running out in a close ball game at the end of the 4th quarter.

I am not jumping off the Gore bandwagon because I think he's a special player (depite not owning him for FF purposes) but unless Smith, the o-line, and the offensive coordinator open up the playbook it will be a long season for Gore as opposing defenses simply have to stack 8 in the box and dare Smith to throw it.

I agree that Norvell might be missed as the new OC called too conservative of a game. He's lucky that our D is in good shape. In previous years they would be tired by the 4th quarter with all the 3 and outs the offense was producing.

Jackson should have had 2 TD's last night. In the first half he short armed a pass at the goal line probably because he was between 2 DB's. In the 4th qtr he let a well thrown ball slip through his fingers. Most #1 Wr's would have caught both balls.

Gore will be fine after the rust goes away. This was really his first action of the year.

Comparing last year and this year, Gore vs. Arizona:

11 for 51 (2TD) rushing and 6 for 35 receiving game 1 vs. AR - '06.

16 for 87 (2TD) rushing and 6 for 83 receiving game 2 vs. AR - '06.

18 for 55 (1TD) rushing and 1 for 21 receiving this year.

The thing that stands out to me is the difference in passing to Gore this year. That does worry me a bit, moreso than the running, which should be better. Maybe Nolan is thinking of working others into the mix more? I think Arizona's defense is probably better this season.

I need to say something

It's only the week one........Gore did not play a down in preseason.......he is wearing a cast on his hand.........70 yds and 1 Td is a pretty nice week .....................calm down people

I need to say something

It's only the week one........Gore did not play a down in preseason.......he is wearing a cast on his hand.........70 yds and 1 Td is a pretty nice week .....................calm down people

I agree with you, except no cast, just a pad on the top of his hand, nothing on the palm between him and the ball.