[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just so I don't hijack cliaz's "God Bless America" Thread

cre8tiff

OK folks.

As an American, I cannot forget what happened on 9/11, nor do I really wish to. It is symbolic of the dangers of our world, and a warning to avoid a sense of imperviousness.

However, it does sicken me the media program all sorts of sensationalistic BS around the event. The fact the two commercial movies have been made to profit from the tragedy, and that endless competitive TV programming today to capture a greater Neilsen share and sell advertising angers me. I will not watch televsion coverage of any 9/11 topic today. I keep my television off every 9/11. I and my family were personally affected by this horrific incident and I need no Hollywood producer telling me how I should "never forget, and BTW buy Bud Light".

My daughter was forced to stay in a classroom yesterday where they were playing a documentary that included footage of people falling from the WTC. She kept her head down, but that did not stop the thudding sounds and screams as they hit. She will be spending that class time today in the library, while other children watch.

It was bad enough the first time. My personal feelings, that's all.

In TV, everything is a selling opportunity, nothing is done for the good of anyone. TV is a medium that always tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator. No-one ever went broke underestimating a TV audience's intelligence. The sooner this is realized and understood, the better off y'all will be.

My father was at the Pentagon on Sept 11th and is but a shell of his former self.

Personally the media coverage doesn't bother me one bit or him.

The movies that were made were very tasteful [well I haven't seen the one with Nick Cage so can't say on that one] and money from them was donated to the families of the victims.

Each to his own.

But i will say that I would be down at your daughter's school with my lawyer about her being forced to watch people die. that's just f'cked up.