[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo as good as Manning this season? TRADE

9ersdude

12 team keeper (keep 5) and looking to upgrade at WR. Would you be bold enough to trade Peyton Manning for Steve Smith if you had Tony Romo as your second QB.

P.Manning, Romo

L.J. , portis , McGahee, Norwood

Roy Williams, B. Edwards, K. Curtis, Jacoby Jones, D. Bennett, Ginn Jr, T. Williamson

Carolina Def/st

Gotkowski K Pats

High performance scoring.

starters 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 3 Flex WR/RB, 1 Def, 1 K

It's one game! If he has a good year and throwsfor 30 he's already thrown for 5 of those, so that's 1.75 td's per game. But the question is will he even throw for thirty? Stick with Manning and trade Romo for a WR while he's hot.

I agree Romo is no Peyton Manning..matter of fact he is not even close....he is more in the Eli Manning category..even then I would rather have Eli if healthy. but he is a decent fantasy option. and you cannot trade a Romo and get Steve Smith...but you can trade Peyton to get a Steve Smith.

Trade Romo now before he comes down to earth.

Sorry to disagree with you, the Romo rocket has taken off and will be orbiting for the rest of the season into the playoffs, to the tune of 4000 yards and 30 or more touchdowns. That is what will happen..............the kid is for real. How many NFL QB's throw for 4 TD's and run a fifth and average 14 yards per pass AND have done it previously (5 TD's against TB and could have been 6 if the let him) in a year span. Then when you get that number, how many of them have dropped out of the league or become pedestrian. I can't think of any, can you..........

You guys are all nuts lol

If you want to shop Manning do so but you can get more than Steve Smith for him.

Manning is going first round in almost all drafts. Can you say the same for Steve Smith?

Smith also may run into a QB controversy later in the year and is that what you want to give up Manning for?

Not this guy.

All I see out of this trade is a BIG :D

You guys are all nuts lol

If you want to shop Manning do so but you can get more than Steve Smith for him.

Manning is going first round in almost all drafts. Can you say the same for Steve Smith?

Smith also may run into a QB controversy later in the year and is that what you want to give up Manning for?

Not this guy.

All I see out of this trade is a BIG :D

I totally agree with you. Must get more for Manning. I was just getting in a Romo plug........but I don't trade Manning for a only Steve Smith.

Romo is NOT going to be elite this year. Any more than Eli is going to be Elite this year. I could have scored 4 through the air and 1 on the ground against a paper thin Giants Defense Sunday night. Don't expect that to happen again anytime soon. Trade Romo ASAP while his Value is High. Hold on to Peyton who is the more consistant QB and so far proven to be the most reliable. He likes to throw TDs. Even if the Colts are ahead and should be running the ball...he throws TDs. Romo was in a situation where the Giants were keeping the game close and needed to be airing it out. I also don't expect Wade Phillips' Defense to put the Boys in situations like this too often (until they play My Giants again hehe). Romo will be solid, but don't let the impressive start trick you into thinking he is better than the best QB in the NFL. (Yeah, that's right, I'm not a fan, but the guy makes a heck of a lot out of nothing. you think there is no where to go and he finds a seam. It's really uncanny. and his rapport with Harrison [The best reciever in the NFL] is mind blowing. to think that he also has the exact same Chemisty with Wayne. Wow. And Clark...soon with Gonzalez. Romo has T.O. and Whitten, do the math)

Wow, Romo as GOOD as Manning....4000 yards and 30 tds.......!!! ????/

Lets HOPE TO doesnt go down....or has another breakdown.......and misses any time...granted, Romo is off to a good start...at HOME...agaisnt banged up Giants D, who for a time, matched them for TDs, thus forcing ROMO to throw more.....In Miami, expect his numbers to come down....

bear in mind, Kitna threw for over 4000 yards last year, and 21 tds...bulger threw for 4200 and 25....palmer, 4000 and 28...and NONE are Manning....

I'm not sure you ever get real value for trading a QB. Nobody puts that much value on them because you can always get something on the waiver wire. I'm not saying Peyton Manning is a waiver wire, I'm just saying you won't likely get that much value for him.

Similarly, you won't probably get real value out of Romo if you try to deal him. He had a great 1st week and I think he'll probably be a top 5 QB by the end of the year, but you won't get that value in trade for him.