[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas signs Tank Johnson

Kansas State 2000

What's wrong with giving a guy a second chance ????

OJ got a second chance. We're seeing how well that worked out

Yeah, great signing!

Public safety for the Dallas area be damned. Keep your wife and children locked up when its time for "TANK" to get out and party!!!

Dammit...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with giving a guy a second chance ????

If an otherwise rational person who has demonstrated quality of character is given a second chance after a poor choice or accident... nothing is wrong with it.

When an irrational person who has demonstrated an extreme lack of character/judgement/intelligence/etc and an appetite for violence and trouble is given repeated chances...it only perpetuates the cycle and enforces the idea that they can do exactly as they please with little to no consequence.

"I'm very happy that Tank gets another opportunity," Smith told David Smoak on KTBB-AM 600 (Tyler, Texas) Tuesday afternoon. "He'll always be special to me. He helped us a lot here. He made a couple bad decisions. Tank Johnson is not one of the bad guys we've got going around here. He'll help the Cowboys a lot. He's a good football player."

He's not? Really? He was arrested after it was found he had a cache of assault weapons and ammo and a smorgasbord of illegal drugs in his home where IIRC there was at least one small child living or staying. Within weeks of that, his "bodyguard" was gunned down outside a club.

I'm sorry, but that "he's such a great guy" chit dont fly with me. The guy is a menace and a danger to people inside and outside his home.

The sooner the league implements and enforces a "one and done" policy with regard to drugs, guns, violence, etc the better it will be.

Note: I am a hunter with several weapons in my home. I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with keeping weapons in your home as long as they are stored in a responsible manner. When someone has assault style weapons strewn about the home and ammo as well, it suggests to me severe irresponsibility and anticipation that the weapons would need to be quickly called into service in the event of an intrusion or attack. This guy was into some crooked stuff if he left guns around like that IMO.