[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A new use for DMD's Trebuchet?

Czarina

Pumpkin Flinging Accident

OK, aside from the fact that the guy took one in the jaw for his craft, flinging large pumpkins with a trebuchet sounds kinda fun. :D

OMG...you'll have to scour ESPN's TV listings.....I caught the Pumpkin Toss (with Trebuchet) annual event last year on ESPN at something like 4am one odd morning. I believe it was about a month after the event took place.....LOL. :D

Since Circleville's Pumpkin Show is towards the end of October....I'd guess it was on in November/December.

Disclaimer...the contest is NOT held in Circleville, OH. Although people from Circleville LOVE their pumpkin show....I think they have better things to do with their time.......LOL.

My daughter's 8th grade Science class has a yearly contest where the students build thier own catapults and then compete to see who's can fling a duct-tape covered golf ball the furthest. My daughter (who has gone on to study engineering in college) did tons of research, including these punkin chucking designs. She chose to build a tension-powered onager-type of catapult using a heavy wooden frame and twisted rope. She painted it pink, covered it with glitter and named it "The Princess of Pain".

The old school record (had stood for 10 years): 46 feet.

Her record: 182 feet

:D

She said the entire class let out a collective [neo] woah [/neo].

I still have the catapult.

My daughter's 8th grade Science class has a yearly contest where the students build thier own catapults and then compete to see who's can fling a duct-tape covered golf ball the furthest. My daughter (who has gone on to study engineering in college) did tons of research, including these punkin chucking designs. She chose to build a tension-powered onager-type of catapult using a heavy wooden frame and twisted rope. She painted it pink, covered it with glitter and named it "The Princess of Pain".

The old school record (had stood for 10 years): 46 feet.

Her record: 182 feet

:D

She said the entire class let out a collective [neo] woah [/neo].

I still have the catapult.

See this is the kind of stuff America needs more of. Gotta make science fun.