[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy's injury could be career threatening...

kpholmes

Good point.......I did the same thing he did, ran my mouth out of emotion without thinking. Maybe he didn't deserve both barrels but it's still not right to judge one guys misfortune over another that's all.

Just curious - how many individuals do you pray for every day? Because there are a hell of a lot of people in this country that are in a lot worse position in their lives than Williams is right now even if he doesn't play another down of football.

Listen man, I think you should relax a little. I think his point is people throw prayers around for everything now a days. When you have people who may never walk again, and almost lost their life, or players that actually do lose their life, they're certainly worth a prayer up and above someone only being able to make millions in the media or making appearances. I get his point, and think you're being a bit over the top. Of course none of us would want to see a player never be able to do what he loves again, but to "keep him in our prayers" is a bit of a stretch. Although, prayers are free, some people actually believe in keeping prayers to a minimum and not over doing it. They truly believe they're asking God for a favor. I personally think you get what you pay for when it coms to prayer and I dont like to talk to myself. But that's a tailgate debate, and I dont do tailgate.

Now, no one is saying you shouldn't pray for him, but to act the way you just did sort of voids your purpose, of being a good and caring person.

Because there are a hell of a lot of people in this country that are in a lot worse position in their lives than Williams is right now even if he doesn't play another down of football.

Thank you. Those are the points that I was trying to make.

I pray for my grandfather who is suffering form Althezimer's, my wife's two drug-addicted uncles, and a cousin of mine who is on the verge of suicide. While I wish "Cadillac" the best, you'll have to forgive me for not putting his knee injury (that may - gasp! - possibly get in the way of another $10 million contract) at the top of my list. I'll pray for the homeless that I see every day on the way to work before somebody in his situation. Just my personal priority and if you don't like it, too bad.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Thank you. Those are the points that I was trying to make.

I pray for my grandfather who is suffering form Althezimer's, my wife's two drug-addicted uncles, and a cousin of mine who is on the verge of suicide. While I wish "Cadillac" the best, you'll have to forgive me for not putting his knee injury (that may - gasp! - possibly get in the way of another $10 million contract) at the top of my list. I'll pray for the homeless that I see every day on the way to work before somebody in his situation. Just my personal priority and if you don't like it, too bad.

Seems like those are all good priorities. Just out of curiosity...what stage is your grandfather in? Me thinks we should put your family in our prayers for having to deal with it.

Seems like those are all good priorities. Just out of curiosity...what stage is your grandfather in? Me thinks we should put your family in our prayers for having to deal with it.

Thank you for the sentiment. I don't know the medical terms for the stages, but he's in his early 90's and has been in assisted living for the past 10 years. He can't really do anything for himself... needs to be spoon-fed, helped to go to the bathroom, etc. He doesn't recognize anybody anymore and can still talk, but only very sporadically and can't hold a conversation or anything. My aunt was shocked a couple of years ago when he said "thank you" after she fed him. So I guess that would be the late stages. Thankfully, we've known (or suspected) his condition since the early/mid '90s and my family has the financial resources to take care of him.

Again, please don't think that I'm saying that Cadillac Williams "isn't deserving" of prayer or whatever. That's obviously not the case. My point was that the term "keep X in your prayers" is thrown around WAY too lightly here. When I first saw this post, I thought that his injury was LIFE-threatening.

I saw the play right in front of my seats at the game and he buckled backwards and he sort of crumpled down the the ground holding his right leg and I knew he was very bad....

It just broke a nice run off the right end and one of the safeties (I believe) stood him up and gave him a good, "clean" hit. It looked like his cleat may have gotten stuck and might have caused him to tear the tendon.

I hate to see any player go down like this, as they play a tough and physical game for the entertainment of millions like everyone here on this board. I wish him the best in the surgery and he rehab and a chance to play again as it would be a real "bummer" to have your career like that. :D

I stopped reading when the p-issing match started, but there is no way I pray for a guy who blew out a knee playing a game and getting paid well to do it. Heck - I don't pray for my best friend if he tears an ACL playing hoops and had to pay to play.

It's a chance we take folks - a chance we take. Sucks to be him, but sh-it happens. On second thought, it doesn't suck to be him. Something tells me he'll be just fine - football or not.

Now as far as people wondering who's gonna be the primary ball-carrier in his absence, I can assure you that that is absolutely the one thing that I do care about in this and I do pray I can get that person on my roster.

In case you haven't noticed, this is a fantasy football website.