[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank you, Mike Tomlin!

Bronco Billy

Let's see what's wrong with this picture:

PIT Rush O:

#2 in NFL in Yards per game

#2 in NFL in Attempts per game

#6 in NFL in Yards per carry

DEN Rush D:

#32 in NFL in Yards per game

#31 in NFL in Attempts per game

#31 in NFL in Yards per carry

Number of carries by RB vs DEN so far this year:

BUF 22

OAK 33

JAX 33

IND 33

SD 33

PIT 23

:D

Could Tomlin have done any more to hand the game to DEN than by not getting his RBs at least 30 carries, and probably should have been closer to 35? We sincerely appreciate your amazingly stupid game plan that called for you to take your overwhelming strength, which completely over matched DEN's biggest glaring weakness and downplaying it to the extreme.

Nice game plan, Mike.

Let's see what's wrong with this picture:

PIT Rush O:

#2 in NFL in Yards per game

#2 in NFL in Attempts per game

#6 in NFL in Yards per carry

DEN Rush D:

#32 in NFL in Yards per game

#31 in NFL in Attempts per game

#31 in NFL in Yards per carry

Number of carries by RB vs DEN so far this year:

BUF 22

OAK 33

JAX 33

IND 33

SD 33

PIT 23

Could Tomlin have done any more to hand the game to DEN than by not getting his RBs at least 30 carries, and probably should have been closer to 35? We sincerely appreciate your amazingly stupid game plan that called for you to take your overwhelming strength, which completely over matched DEN's biggest glaring weakness and downplaying it to the extreme.

Nice game plan, Mike.

I do have to agree that they out-thought themselves. Tomlin even said in his post-conference presser that he knew the Broncos were going to come out with as many as 9 in the box, desperate to stop the run. He said he felt that they would need to have some success in the passing game in order to open up the running game. Then, by over-thinking themselves, they quickly found themselves down 14 points, and their opportunity to take advantage of the biggest weakness on the Broncos side was gone. Oh well, Tomlin is a rookie coach, and, hopefully, he will learn from this.

I will say this though, when the Steelers did run, with the exception of 4 or 5 runs, they did a good job against the running game. I still, like you are insinuating, think that if the Steelers would have come out and pounded them over and over, they would have broken some more big runs.

Oh well, the game is over, and despite the disgusting, uninspired first half play, I'm not too down, as I thought the Steelers showed some heart in the 2nd half. I also think that the Broncos finally showed some of the potential that they do have on offense. Cutler still makes mistakes, but, he is getting better and better. When Walker gets healthy, they have a nice receiving corps with Walker, Marshall, & Stokley.

Congrats on the win, and hopefully Tomlin will learn to not out-think his gameplan in the future.

When we got down by 14, we stopped running, so those numebrs are skewed. Had we been up 14 for instance, we might have run closer to 40 times. Read the entire game in context. The defense could stop Denver's intermediate passing game. They were hitting 15-25 yarders all night. Maybe we could have run 3-5 more times in the first half, but that's not so sizable.