[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chatman for Holmes?

Swashbucklers

You could use some help at RB . . .

You have plenty of WR . . .

The trade is reasonable even if you are giving up a little more than you might like . . .

But overall Chatman is just not all that exciting for me. I think I would ask around to see what else is available. See if you can work something out with the Peterson owner where you give Chester plus a WR for a better RB, like that. If you've already gone that route and this is the best you're going to do, go ahead and pull the trigger.

You could use some help at RB . . .

You have plenty of WR . . .

The trade is reasonable even if you are giving up a little more than you might like . . .

But overall Chatman is just not all that exciting for me. I think I would ask around to see what else is available. See if you can work something out with the Peterson owner where you give Chester plus a WR for a better RB, like that. If you've already gone that route and this is the best you're going to do, go ahead and pull the trigger.

+1

Chatman has never really been an every down RB and doesn't really approach all the skills like Brown.

I just think Chatman owners expecting Ronnie Brown's production will be sorely mistaken.

Yeah he did pretty well vs NE when Brown went down but NE already had the game won by then.

Also, I think they could go full blown RBBC (like the beginning of the year) with Chatman and Cobbs or Booker.

With Hines Ward back, S.Holmes value has slipped, and really has had only one "great" game (week 4). Might be worth a shot.

I think Ward's value is better with Ward back in the game. With Ward out, the coverage could roll to Holmes. Now it's a more "honest" coverage. I'd keep Holmes over Chatman.

I was just offered McGahee, Lendale White, Ahman Green, and Brandon Stokely for Addai, Keith, Julius Jones, and Holmes. WHile I like the idea of having two starting RBs, is it worth it to give up Addai and Holmes?

ETA: I will have to drop one of my receivers when AJ comes back (because of roster requirements), so I would have to drop either Chambers, Bowe, unless I move one of them and I think I will have to give up Holmes to get anything!

Edited by Swashbucklers

I was just offered McGahee, Lendale White, Ahman Green, and Brandon Stokely for Addai, Keith, Julius Jones, and Holmes. WHile I like the idea of having two starting RBs, is it worth it to give up Addai and Holmes?

No.

Just roll with Chester and Julius as my second back then and get the 5-8 points that they produce?

Do you honestly think that Chatman is going to do that much better? Booker will end up with carries for MIA too. Miami is a mess, and they're not going to get better. Santonio is on a winning team with a QB who likes throwing to him. I'd stay away.

Shouldn't you be teaching? :D

Do you honestly think that Chatman is going to do that much better? Booker will end up with carries for MIA too. Miami is a mess, and they're not going to get better. Santonio is on a winning team with a QB who likes throwing to him. I'd stay away.

Shouldn't you be teaching? :D

Conferences this week so we have early release (and this is how I spend my time off! :D )

FWIW, I would trade Chris Chambers before Santonio Holmes, and if I were to trade Santonio Holmes, it wouldn't be this week (he may have a monster day against the Bengals). If you can afford to hold off one week before trading, you'll get a clearer idea of what sort of value you have in Chambers and may even get a nice game out of Holmes to boost his trade value. You calso get a glimpse of what Chatman can do. I doubt he'll put up elite numbers though...