[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Change Coming

Savage Beatings

I have had a similar experience with my widowed mother in law. She is a great lady and for the most part it was a smooth transition.

The one BIG issue I had was her spoiling the kids. They tried to use her as a crutch to get their way at times. Similar ages to your children.

I would make sure you discuss this with your parents. Make sure they understand that YOUR the parent to your kids, and you would appreciate if they would stay away from judging and commenting on your parenting. THIS is crucial, believe ME.

Best of luck to you and your family. I really respect your actions. :D

Here's my thoughts on this:

1. Set a curfew. And enforce it. The last thing you need is to stay up worrying about them if they are out half the night carousing.

2. Tell them to leave gas in the car if they borrow it.

3. Under no circumstances should they drink milk straight from the jug. That's why the glasses are near the fridge.

4. Make sure they understand they need to pick up after themselves. You are their son, not their maid.

5.Make sure you tuck them in every night and tell them you love them.

:D Congrats. It's a great thing you are doing.

I don't really have anthing to add other than a big :D for doing this for them and another :D to this thread. Huddlers never cease to amaze me.

Here's my thoughts on this:

1. Set a curfew. And enforce it. The last thing you need is to stay up worrying about them if they are out half the night carousing.

2. Tell them to leave gas in the car if they borrow it.

3. Under no circumstances should they drink milk straight from the jug. That's why the glasses are near the fridge.

4. Make sure they understand they need to pick up after themselves. You are their son, not their maid.

5.Make sure you tuck them in every night and tell them you love them.

:D Congrats. It's a great thing you are doing.

Wow, that's strict. Basically the only rule should be: Don't come home pregnant to the female or knock someone up if you're the male. :D

We told the kids last night... now granted we really up-sold this whole idea, but they genuinely seemed happy and excited about it. We all got out some sketch paper and started drawing out ideas for how we will finish the basement. Getting them involved in that really makes it fun for them. Then this morning, my wife said that pretty much as soon as our youngest daughter (age 9) woke up, she said "Mom I can't wait until they move in." That made me very happy!

We told the kids last night... now granted we really up-sold this whole idea, but they genuinely seemed happy and excited about it. We all got out some sketch paper and started drawing out ideas for how we will finish the basement. Getting them involved in that really makes it fun for them. Then this morning, my wife said that pretty much as soon as our youngest daughter (age 9) woke up, she said "Mom I can't wait until they move in." That made me very happy!

This finished basement thing is really going to screw up the UFF-DA draft in years to come. :D

Lots of great advice in here already. I just wanted to add another :D for what you are doing. Too many people forget that family is the most important thing in a persons life. I know that if my Mom ever has a need, I will do ANYTHING to help her out. The reason for that is, if I called my Mom today, and told her I was stuck in California, couldn't explain but needed her to pick me up immediately, she would be there. I applaud you for what you are doing. :D