[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harrison could miss Pats game!

Wolverines Fan

They had to go WR in the draft Bill. At the time, Wayne and Harrison were the only WR's on the entire roster.

And I don't believe they drafted Gonzalez to be a "slot" WR for his entire career. I think they hoped he would be for his first few years, but would eventually move to the outside.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had to go WR in the draft Bill. At the time, Wayne and Harrison were the only WR's on the entire roster.

They didn't have to do it with their first pick. Hell, starting the season with a rotation of Clark and Moorehead in the slot wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world.

And I don't believe they drafted Gonzalez to be a "slot" WR for his entire career. I think they hoped he would be for his first few years, but would eventually move to the outside.

Gonzalez reportedly has 4.4 speed. Not sure if I believe that, but he does look relatively quick out there. He apparently has the tools to be a legitimate starting flanker.

Edited by Bill Swerski

the saga continues: (per RotoWorld)

The Colts issued a statement concerning Ed Werder of ESPN's report about Marvin Harrison's knee.

"Regarding a published report today about a lingering knee injury for wide receiver Marvin Harrison, the Indianapolis Colts have received no medical opinion that comes close to validating the report," the statement reads. "The club will have no further comment on this matter." Marvin's status for Week 9 remains in serious doubt.

I would also like to see both teams play at full strength, but not having a player is no excuse.

New England has been blowing teams out and has missed Harrison, Seymour, Maroney, Morris, and Watson all for significant time. For this game is sounds like they will have all of that personnel, but if they didn't then the team would do their best with what they had.

And to the Colts credit, they have also been winning with Harrison and Addai missing time (Maybe others, I do not know exactly because I do not follow the team that closely)

It's one of the things to really appreciate as a fan of the Patriots. You never hear an injury excuse, and guys are always stepping in to fill the gaps. Even when the issue is flat out having lesser personnel, such as last year having Reche Caldwell as the #1 and a revolving door at #2 WR, IIRC it was the Patriots fans on here that kept saying that the team would be fine while others were talking them down.

You play with who you have available, and win as a team. I hope not to hear excuses from either side after the game once a loss is in the books. Honestly, the only excuse worth mentioning would be if Brady or Manning got knocked out. That I could handle listening to, because that is the only player on either side that would be a catastrophic loss.

+1....end of story.

Yup. I knew it wasn't a bruise as soon as I saw the replay. I have a feeling he is having some "swelling" problems.

And people wonder why he doesn't fight for more yards. The guy weighs 185 lbs. soaking wet. No way his body should be able to absorb the pounding an NFL player takes. He has been incredibly fortunate to avoid injury for most of his career (only serious injury was a separated shoulder that ended his season in '98). Hopefully he can keep playing.

If he knee was that messed up, and I don't believe the bruise thing either, why the hell they let him play against the Jaguars?

:D

you forgot to add, " gimped up, fall down to the ground before getting tackled WR who had better numbers than Moss when Aaron Brooks was throwing to him".

Fixed.

I called Moss the best in the league for a long time and now that he doesn't have crappy ass QB, alot of mouths have been shut.

He also forgot to bring up the part about Marvin actually being able to run routes and having the stones to go over the middle.

Of course Harrison goes over the middle, but you don't see him on his feet for long. I think the Colts have a play called catch and hit the ground that's called quite frequently :wacko:

You're right Bill, Moss can't run routes or follow what the team wants him to do. :D

That must be why he's on the Patriots! No CB can cover him because he can still run that 40 dash speed we talked about(that you denied was true, need the link again?). That speed can't be matched by that gimpy mustache man who has to practice with his QB every single day to complete a pass. Moss is plug and play, unless his QB is a crackhead. I'd like to see Harrison's numbers with Aaron Brooks or Culpepper as the QB. :D

funny, Harrison produced with Jim Harbaugh, Paul Justin, Kelly Holcomb, and Kerwin Bell at QB. I wonder why Moss couldn't produce with lesser QB's?

And don't lecture Marvin about falling down after the catch, Moss isn't exactly "Mr. Physical". He ducks out of bounds just as much as Marvin does.

Edited by CaptainHook