[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts - Conservative play calling cost them the game

ThatDude

Not trying to slam anybody individually or trying to really start something, I just wonder if we would have seen guys handle a defeat today the way Whomper and Hook and some notable others have if the score had been reversed.

Classy, gentlemen, nice job on what must be a difficult day for the home team. :D

I'm sure Whomper, the diehard Dallas fan, appreciates your kudos. :D

Well put Bill, well put indeed.

I just thought that the IND D looked like it came ready to play, right off the bat. I thought the IND gameplan KICKED THE CRAP out of NE, they looked totally on their heels.

NE made the right adjustments at gametime, that's all.

It happens. Look, I think this NE team is a special thing, I frankly think they WILL go 16-0, they are angry, ugly, and PISSED.

I could be wrong, Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time. I just think NE is going for 16-0.

IF NE wins the SB, and still a big IF, it wouldn't be the first time a high quality team like IND had been denied its place in the sun. Much to my dismay, were it not for the Patriots, the Colts might be talking about "one for the thumb" right now.

Of course, one of those one belong to my city :D

Edited by Gdawg

Well put Bill, well put indeed.

I just thought that the IND D looked like it came ready to play, right off the bat. I thought the IND gameplan KICKED THE CRAP out of NE, they looked totally on their heels.

Yep, the Colts had them on the ropes in the 3rd quarter. Considering the level of offensive talent they were facing, that was probably the best three quarters of defense I've ever seen from the Dungy-era Colts. The Colts D was supposed to be the X-factor today... and they delivered like none other. But then the offense laid an egg halfway through the third quarter and the resulting worn-out defense gave up two second-half TDs. It was almost a repeat of the '04 AFC Divisional.

The really frustrating thing is that, even when the Colts D is playing well (like they are now), you know that it's not going to last. While Dungy gets so much out of that group and the combined result is head-and-shoulders above the individual collection of talent, they just flat-out don't have the level of talent to get through the inevitable injuries and do it over the long haul. They're going to be streaky. The '06 Colts (32nd against the run) came out kicking ass and taking names in the playoffs, while the '05 team (2nd overall in points allowed) began to tank in December and never recovered.

The Colts needed to capitalize on their defensive performance today... and they failed.

Yep, the Colts had them on the ropes in the 3rd quarter. Considering the level of offensive talent they were facing, that was probably the best three quarters of defense I've ever seen from the Dungy-era Colts. The Colts D was supposed to be the X-factor today... and they delivered like none other. But then the offense laid an egg halfway through the third quarter and the resulting worn-out defense gave up two second-half TDs. It was almost a repeat of the '04 AFC Divisional.

The really frustrating thing is that, even when the Colts D is playing well (like they are now), you know that it's not going to last. While Dungy gets so much out of that group and the combined result is head-and-shoulders above the individual collection of talent, they just flat-out don't have the level of talent to get through the inevitable injuries and do it over the long haul. They're going to be streaky. The '06 Colts (32nd against the run) came out kicking ass and taking names in the playoffs, while the '05 team (2nd overall in points allowed) began to tank in December and never recovered.

The Colts needed to capitalize on their defensive performance today... and they failed.

Well, it's srill an amazing group Bill, amazing indeed. IND wil be in the playoffs, and with that sort of talent, there's no tellling what might happen.

I admire them, in spite of the history our cities share. Were it not for it, I'd be rooting for them. They are excellent football players, and beyond that, fine men.

Not trying to slam anybody individually or trying to really start something, I just wonder if we would have seen guys handle a defeat today the way Whomper and Hook and some notable others have if the score had been reversed.

Classy, gentlemen, nice job on what must be a difficult day for the home team. :D

Thanks Man

Considering some of them can't handle a win any better than they are, seriously doubt it.