[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PAC - 10 BASKETBALL

theprofessor

Yup- clearly the #1 conference heading into the season- but it is still pre-season so time will tell............

I think the Pac 10 is looking at 6 teams looking like strong NCAA tourney teams.

If Cal/UW have a nice year and get into the NCAA tourney, it would be the first time in NCAA history that 70% of teams out of a conference make the big dance........

Washington vs. Utah was a tremendous basketball game last evening. A well-played physical game by both teams. Utah has a huge front line that can best be described as Euro-bangers. A little too bumpy though, as both the big men were fouled out with about 4 minutes left. Allowing the Huskies to finally squeak away (thanks in part to the ref's no-call on a travel by Justin Dentmon on his drive to the hoop that put UW up by 1 with 1:20 or so left).

Jon Brockman is definitely on the P10 player of the year short list, and this Venoy Overton kid might be a one year and done guy if he develops his outside game a little better. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from Washington this season, but they are most definitely going to be a solid bunch.

Washington vs. Utah was a tremendous basketball game last evening. A well-played physical game by both teams. Utah has a huge front line that can best be described as Euro-bangers. A little too bumpy though, as both the big men were fouled out with about 4 minutes left. Allowing the Huskies to finally squeak away (thanks in part to the ref's no-call on a travel by Justin Dentmon on his drive to the hoop that put UW up by 1 with 1:20 or so left).

Jon Brockman is definitely on the P10 player of the year short list, and this Venoy Overton kid might be a one year and done guy if he develops his outside game a little better. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from Washington this season, but they are most definitely going to be a solid bunch.

yup- UW can develop into a legit tourney contender if they get it together- I think Pondexter is the key- if he makes the leap- he can really take them places.

on a side note- Venoy was the scorekeeper, and he sometimes played in my men's league in Seattle, which was always interesting trying to keep up with an 18 yr old star player.

Great kid, really nice, and he ended up at UW after he was being recruited by alot of different schools- he is lightning quick

Oregon losing to St. Mary was less impressive , Mich St owned UCLA for more then 3/4 of the game and gave it away late. Different outcome had this game been in Michigan

Yer an absolute moran

Beat It - go start a Big 10 thread u tool. It is college basektball-- St. Mary's happens to have a pretty good program, teams drop games. So, let me get this str8- b/c Oregon loses to St. Mary's the Pac 10 sucks? and b/c MSU "owned" UCLA for 3/4ths of the game -

Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian- is yer point?

Did you know that UCLA is missing Collison, one of the best PG in the country, as well as their best 3 pt shooter Rolle?

MSU is a solid team, but UCLA beats them anytime, anywhere.

Let It go

Yer an absolute moran

Beat It - go start a Big 10 thread u tool. It is college basektball-- St. Mary's happens to have a pretty good program, teams drop games. So, let me get this str8- b/c Oregon loses to St. Mary's the Pac 10 sucks? and b/c MSU "owned" UCLA for 3/4ths of the game -

Did you know that UCLA is missing Collison, one of the best PG in the country, as well as their best 3 pt shooter Rolle?

Let It go

I don;t know wildcat. While I didn;t see how the game ended, I watched a good chunk of it and MSU had UCLA under control. Obviously UCLA is missing some key players but sounds as if they stole that one last night. Good for them, that's what good teams do, but no need to get all defensive.

I don;t know wildcat. While I didn;t see how the game ended, I watched a good chunk of it and MSU had UCLA under control. Obviously UCLA is missing some key players but sounds as if they stole that one last night. Good for them, that's what good teams do, but no need to get all defensive.

Billay- ya gotta understand, TOS loves to follow me around, and try and punk the Pac 10, whether it be football or basketball - which is pretty obvious by his pointless post- no matter what- not defensive at all when it is a good debate and solid points are brought up. If we know anything about college hoops, teams drop games early, and a team like St. Mary's is good, and will be a good team all year.

OU for lost to St. Mary's, fine, and UCLA beating a good MSU team VERY short-handed - the dude just wants to bust ba11s is all.

still early- but it looks like UCLA, UNC, Memphis will be jockeying all season long

Yer an absolute moran

Let It go

Dude, you need to get over your dumbarse self..................dude made a post that simply stated UCLA had an impressive win over MSU , I simply replied that Oregon's loss wasn't impressive, now if your suggesting losing to St Mary's is acceptable, then your a freakin' TOOL ! !

Now take off your wacky homer glasses and :D GET REAL

Geesh, your acting like a borderline noob tool :D

• 2 weeks later...
PAC-10 took one on the chin today. KU takes down USC and UCLA loses to Texas.

yeah- just watched the UCLA game- good game- Texas played well, Augustin is really really good- and is one of the best guards I have seen this year- bad loss for UCLA tho. They look like they are still getting used to Collison being back, and he is rusty - Love was in fould trouble and DJ and another kid did it all for UT in the game.

on a side note- my Cats did take out Texas A&M - and were homered at KU last weak- and had the W in hand in regulation but 2 VERY questionable calls allowed it to go to OT . Watch Bayless when you get a chance- he is legit

one cool thing about college hoops- you get to see the big boys go out and play each other! I love these inter-conference games.

good one on Wed night - WSU/Gonzaga - DVR that baby

Obviously UCLA is missing some key players but sounds as if they stole that one last night.

You don't "steal" games from great programs like Michigan State. If you hang in there and when the game in the last 10 minutes against a club like MSU it's a great win. I don't care who you are. And for UCLA to do it with 3 key players missing it's an even bigger win..

You don't "steal" games from great programs like Michigan State. If you hang in there and when the game in the last 10 minutes against a club like MSU it's a great win. I don't care who you are. And for UCLA to do it with 3 key players missing it's an even bigger win..

Saying that they stole it isn't an insult. But MSU played hard and smart and arguably deserved to win that game. You can steal a game and have it be a great win. Besides, that's old news.

Interconference duels thus far....bold= ranked opponent, italics= small conference loss

Arizona: L Virginia, L @ Kansas, W Texas A&M

Arizona St: L @ Illinois, W @ LSU, L @ Nebraska

California: W Missouri

Oregon: L @ St. Mary's, W @ Kansas St.

Oregon St.: L @ Alaska-Fairbanks, L Iowa St.

Stanford: W Northwestern, L @ Siena, W @ Colorado

UCLA: W @ Maryland, W MIchigan St., L @ Texas

USC: L Mercer, W @ South Carolina, W @ Southern Ill., W Oklahoma, L Kansas, L @ Memphis

Washington: L Texas A&M, L Syracuse, L @ Oklahoma St.

Washington State: W @ Gonzaga

12/6 = The conference isn't doing THAT great thus far. 4-6 vs. ranked opponents, 1-1 vs. the ACC, 5-7 vs. the Big 12.

Edited by godtomsatan

Interconference duels thus far....bold= ranked opponent, italics= small conference loss

Arizona: L Virginia, L @ Kansas, W Texas A&M - Texas A&M was #8 had KU on the ropes, KU got 2 calls to send it to OT,

Arizona St: L @ Illinois, W @ LSU, L @ Nebraska - ASU is the worst team in the league

California: W Missouri - Cal is looking like they will get in as the 7th Pac 10

Oregon: L @ St. Mary's, W @ Kansas St.

Oregon St.: L @ Alaska-Fairbanks, L Iowa St.

Stanford: W Northwestern, L @ Siena, W @ Colorado -

UCLA: W @ Maryland, W MIchigan St., L @ Texas - will be there in the end, Texas is legit

USC: L Mercer, W @ South Carolina, W @ Southern Ill., W Oklahoma, L Kansas, L @ Memphis taking Memphis to OT, not bad- they will improve and be tough as the year goes along

Washington: L Texas A&M, L Syracuse, L @ Oklahoma St. - tough sched - not looking very good

Washington State: W @ Gonzaga - good game last night- they are legit

12/6 = The conference isn't doing THAT great thus far. 4-6 vs. ranked opponents, 1-1 vs. the ACC, 5-7 vs. the Big 12.

great game last night- WSU vs. Gonzaga - WSU played lockdown defense, and it was a tough all around game-