[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PAC - 10 BASKETBALL

theprofessor

Deserved? :D Michigan State played well but "deserved"? To make that statement you have to explain how UCLA didn't "deserve" the win? I'll wait ...........

Are you some disgruntled UCLA fan? Are you looking to make an argument out of nothing? You've never heard the phrase "deserved the win" in sports before? Sometime you deserve to win, and don't. Sometimes you don't deserve the win, bt do. Is this too difficult of a concept to grasp?

MSU outplayed UCLA for the majority of the game. Play harder and smarter than your opponent for practically the entire game and you probably deserve to win. Get outplayed for most of a game and you probably don't. But again, that's why they play for 40 minutes.

Are we on the same page yet? Or are you going to continue to nitpick my statements?

Edited by billay

Went to the Pitt/Washington game on Saturday. Justin Dentmon definitely took too long to take the shot, but I still thought it left his hands before the buzzer.

Pitt is big and athletic, but not all that strong on finishing or handling the basketball.

Washington is a very different team with Ryan Appleby coming off the bench. Interesting to see how they develop. Not as optimistic of them being a top 4 Pac-10 team as I was two or three weeks ago after seeing them play some quality competition (zero quality wins at this point), and seeing some other P10 squads play.

Went to the Pitt/Washington game on Saturday. Justin Dentmon definitely took too long to take the shot, but I still thought it left his hands before the buzzer.

Pitt is big and athletic, but not all that strong on finishing or handling the basketball.

Washington is a very different team with Ryan Appleby coming off the bench. Interesting to see how they develop. Not as optimistic of them being a top 4 Pac-10 team as I was two or three weeks ago after seeing them play some quality competition (zero quality wins at this point), and seeing some other P10 squads play.

yeah wow- what an ending! Very close call, but it looks like on the video replay they got it right. This team could be tough as the year goes on- only problem is they dropped these nice resume-building wins in NC that will help immensely come March. the Pac 10 is gonna be brutal, and UW will struggle to get over .500 in Pac 10 play - this league is really loaded.

top 4? GTS there is no way...........

They are looking like the 8th best team in the conference, unfortunately behind

UCLA, WSU, UA, OREGON, USC, STAN, CAL

That's what I said. I don't think they're NCAA ready, having hung around, but ultimately losing, to Texas A&M, Syracuse, Oklahoma St (blowout), and now Pitt. A young team that could develop hugh by the end of the season, for sure, but the conference is too tough and they just aren't able to compete with the big boys just yet.

As a Pitt fan this Appleby kid shot the eye out of the basket, good looking player. I kept saying to the TV c'mon kid you can miss a three pointer or two. He definitely had me on the edge of my seat.

Good game Washington. I was very, very worried.

Edited by aqualung

Are you some disgruntled UCLA fan? Are you looking to make an argument out of nothing? You've never heard the phrase "deserved the win" in sports before? Sometime you deserve to win, and don't. Sometimes you don't deserve the win, bt do. Is this too difficult of a concept to grasp?

MSU outplayed UCLA for the majority of the game. Play harder and smarter than your opponent for practically the entire game and you probably deserve to win. Get outplayed for most of a game and you probably don't. But again, that's why they play for 40 minutes.

Are we on the same page yet? Or are you going to continue to nitpick my statements?

Don't get so sensitive :D I just don't agree with the statement that Michigan State "deserved" to win? I'm not a UCLA fan nor do I dislike the MSU program. In fact, I respect the program that Izzo has built. I simply don't agree that Michigan State "deserved" to win. They lost. Your comment doesn't make any sense? Probably a more accurate statement would be that "Michigan State played good enough to win". Regardless, I'm not trying to make a big deal of this. I think you are.

Give me an example of how Michigan State played harder and smarter for practically the entire game. I'll wait ...............

yeah wow- what an ending! Very close call, but it looks like on the video replay they got it right. This team could be tough as the year goes on- only problem is they dropped these nice resume-building wins in NC that will help immensely come March. the Pac 10 is gonna be brutal, and UW will struggle to get over .500 in Pac 10 play - this league is really loaded.

They are looking like the 8th best team in the conference, unfortunately behind

UCLA, WSU, UA, OREGON, USC, STAN, CAL

I agree with your assessment of the UW program. They really miss Hawes. This team could probably break into the Top 5 or 6 in the Pac-10 with Hawes in the middle. They really miss an inside presence. Brockman is a stud but he doesn't get much help from the front line. Appleby is as pure of a shooter as they come but he can't create his own shot. Great guy to have on the floor to change the momentum of a game. I watched quite a few of his games @ Stanwood and he has always had that ability to put 4-5 3 point shots together. IMO, Dentmon has showed very little improvement since his freshman year. I love the upside of Overton and next year when Isiah Thomas steps on the floor we'll have our first real go to guy since Brandon Roy. I can't wait to see the backcourt of Overton and Thomas.Are you guys a little worried about the transfers that have happened the last two years?

I agree with your assessment of the UW program. They really miss Hawes. This team could probably break into the Top 5 or 6 in the Pac-10 with Hawes in the middle.

No they don't. Hawes is/was a talent, but two things were painful to watch last season (when he played): A) the rest of the team was built around quickness and athleticism, it could get by with one plodder on the court but not with two. #2) he didn't want to be there and slacked off. Did enough to demonstrate he had a soft touch and potentially physical presence for the scouts, and that's all he did.

They really miss an inside presence. Brockman is a stud but he doesn't get much help from the front line.

Watch out for Artem Wallace. Hugh body that hustles. He's getting better and better.

Are you guys a little worried about the transfers that have happened the last two years?

You mean the guys who left or the guys who came in?