[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bonds Indicted

DexterDew

Him and probably another 20% of other players. Makes this seem more like a witch hunt.

Where's McGuire and Sosa :D

Ummm, they didn't seem to lie to a grand jury. THAT was Bonds' mistake ... sure he juiced ... Canseco? Clemens? Sosa? Big Mac? Palmiero? Sure. Cheating frauds doing what one in five of their colleagues were doing. But if a grand jury asks you a straight question, and you lie, that'll get you jail time.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

I just want the fatheaded mf to go away.

Just retire- beat it- you will be the face of the steroid era, and that is hopefully his legacy. Leave the sport of baseball, let it repair itself on it's own and go balloon up to 300 lbs.

I am so effing sick of seeing his face on ESPN, and listening to this story over and over. I can't take even watching 1 second of any coverage of Bonds on TV.done.

I just want the fatheaded mf to go away.

Just retire- beat it- you will be the face of the steroid era, and that is hopefully his legacy. Leave the sport of baseball, let it repair itself on it's own and go balloon up to 300 lbs.

I am so effing sick of seeing his face on ESPN, and listening to this story over and over. I can't take even watching 1 second of any coverage of Bonds on TV.done.

There is always OJ. :D

It took the Feds about four years to make their case, so I don't think that their evidence for perjury/obstruction of justice is very strong. I don't see Barry doing any time.

That said, we all know that Barroids was juiced anyway.

i see it just the opposite...i think they took their time and have a good case against him.

and his trainer has been sitting in jail for a year, no?

he just might have started singing....

perjury before a GJ is pretty tough to refute. obstruction is not hard to prove.

i wanna see this 'List of 11' from Mitchel

Him and probably another 20% of other players. Makes this seem more like a witch hunt.

Yes and no. I'm sure that a ton of other players were/are taking illegal supplements. That said, not all of them gave a massive middle finger to MLB and the Feds in the face of overwhelming evidence that they took 'roids and/or HGH. McGwire, who was likely guilty as hell, had the sense to take the Fifth when he was questioned under oath. Giambi actually told the truth under oath and then apologized for "what he did" later on. Palmiero made the intelligent decision to go away after testing positive and disgracing himself. Frank Thomas respected the game enough to not take steroids in the first place (what a novel concept!). On the other hand, Barry decided to disrespect MLB and Hank Aaron earlier this year by refusing to step away AFTER his admission of steroid use was leaked.

Calling this a witch hunt is like calling the Vick dogfighting trial a witch hunt. Prosecutors are going to go after the highest-profile figures that they can... and Barry absolutely went out of his way to ensure that he was THE poster child for steroid use in baseball.

Yes and no. I'm sure that a ton of other players were/are taking illegal supplements. That said, not all of them gave a massive middle finger to MLB and the Feds in the face of overwhelming evidence that they took 'roids and/or HGH. McGwire, who was likely guilty as hell, had the sense to take the Fifth when he was questioned under oath. Giambi actually told the truth under oath and then apologized for "what he did" later on. Palmiero made the intelligent decision to go away after testing positive and disgracing himself. Frank Thomas respected the game enough to not take steroids in the first place (what a novel concept!). On the other hand, Barry decided to disrespect MLB and Hank Aaron earlier this year by refusing to step away AFTER his admission of steroid use was leaked.

Calling this a witch hunt is like calling the Vick dogfighting trial a witch hunt. Prosecutors are going to go after the highest-profile figures that they can... and Barry absolutely went out of his way to ensure that he was THE poster child for steroid use in baseball.

This is true.