[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Old School Poker

nuke'em ttg

So Poker is pretty popular now.......asked my Dad at Thanksgiving if he ever did any Poker games......." Ya, the 1st Saturday of the month from Oct. to May......same 8 guys .....different house everytime" ......... chit Dad ....that's pretty cool :D

what other Dads out there had a setup like that .......... :D

Cant get a good old school live game going anymore..Everything is holdem now..We used to play dealers choice and have a variety of fun games to play..Now its holdem or nothing

My parents had a great game when I was growing up. They had six people and would take turns at each othes house. It was a Thursday night game and that game went on for years.

Today, I am lucky if I can get four of my poker buddies together at the same time. Then when we do play it is always hold'em. The exception is on a golf trip that I go on in the early spring where this guys play dealer choice. I swear the poker is the main part of the trip and not the golf but it is a really good time so long as you aren't getting killed.

In college we used to play dealer's choice almost every weekend. My friend was a manager at a Good GUys and he would bring all the high school and recent high school grade that still lived at home to his place with their paychecks and no rent paying selves so we could pay our rent by winning their money, Ah, those were good times.

Now you can't get anyone to play anything but hold em.

THogh, my dad has a group that plays about once a month and hty play all the crazy games. I went to play once and they wee shocked when I actually folded early on. The ole you never know what you can catch thing. Not a single good playr in the group (well, my dad is becoming fairly good at tourneys in hold em now)

On snow days us coaches always get together at one of our houses and play dealer's choice all day and evening. It is a good time. The best is when it's aqnnounced that the next day is gonna be a snow day also. Then it's almost always an all-nighter. :D