[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots News

nhoops

They also brought in Chad Brown.........again :D

Brown knows the system so he could play D, special teams or WR. I think he's more of an insurance policy.....we shall see.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe not so much as a Colts fan, but you never want to see players hurt. Especially a good guy like Colvin. One of my buddies was a walk-on at Purdue when Colvin was there and he had nothing but good things to say about him. Years later, when Colvin was still on the Bears, my friend's wife met Colvin at a signing and mentioned her husband's name. Rosie immediately remembered him, position he played, asked how he was doing, etc. Very cool.

:D

fwiw he is probably insurance because of the randall gay injury

nope....BB says no D for Troy.

but i wouldn't be surprised to see him line up in the backfield beside Brady

and catch some screens or dink and dunks....

Rosie will be missed.....what concerns me more is he is the 'youth' of LB core.

They already swap in/out Junior and Teddy....Thomas will most likely move to

OLB....the depth and young age,just aren't there like in years past.

But they'l be ok.....but one injury away from serious trouble.

Yeah, Rosie is a good dude, does a lot of community work up here, etc....and he was also a rare individual on the Pats LB corps for one main reason: he was relatively young. Thankfully we have Thomas to take some extra snaps now, but Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau?....yikes. Those guys played in leather helmets. I now have shuddering flashbacks of Eric Alexander trying to cover Dallas Clark in the AFC title game.

I hope, though, that this translates into more of a pass rush, oddly enough. A buddy of mine pointed out that we might be better off in a 4-3. Even with studs like Warren, Seymour, Wilfork up front, Jarvis Green is perhaps the team's best pure pass rusher, and if we put him (now full-time) and Seymour on the ends we could pressure the QB more, which strangely doesn't really seem to be high on BB's priority list (if Feely's time in the pocker on Sunday night is any indication).

Edited by msaint

Yeah, Rosie is a good dude, does a lot of community work up here, etc....and he was also a rare individual on the Pats LB corps for one main reason: he was relatively young. Thankfully we have Thomas to take some extra snaps now, but Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau?....yikes. Those guys played in leather helmets. I now have shuddering flashbacks of Eric Alexander trying to cover Dallas Clark in the AFC title game.

I hope, though, that this translates into more of a pass rush, oddly enough. A buddy of mine pointed out that we might be better off in a 4-3. Even with studs like Warren, Seymour, Wilfork up front, Jarvis Green is perhaps the team's best pure pass rusher, and if we put him (now full-time) and Seymour on the ends we could pressure the QB more, which strangely doesn't really seem to be high on BB's priority list (if Feely's time in the pocker on Sunday night is any indication).

Seymour isn't even at full strength yet from his injury. Colvin will be missed, the Pats LBs always have a tough time covering slot receivers and TEs so to lose your youth here hurts.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/

Colvin is out for the season with a foot inj. This is huge loss for the D.

Concur. Colvin is a very athletic LB with excellent speed and quickness. He's also great in coverage. As a Charger fan, I know he's caused us problems the last 2x we've played the Pats. He had an INT in each game.