[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ever caught a commish cheating in a private league

tarantula

Our commisioner is on top of his division and is rubbing it in everyones face. I am in another division and are the only undefeated team left in the league.

Looking back he has done a # of questionable things. Supposedly the draft positions were done by random computer function yet he ended up with Tomlinson, which was number 1 overall pick. I just recently asked if draft was random and he e- mailed me that it was supposed to be , but he didn`t know for sure because he missed our draft. But I remember that he was there at the draft because he was talking peaches by the bucket the whole time. I told him this and he will not e-email back on this subject.

Also , a number of times he has ended up with a waiver claim when many others have claimed the same player yet he always ends up with the player in question.

Isn't there usually an audit trail on waiver requests that can be accessed to see who put in what requests? Most software / websites do that I think. I guess what I'm saying is that you need some sort of proof that he's abusing his power to change waiver priority, etc. As far as the draft is concerned, not much ground to stand on there. In my league, we have multiple people present when we randomize the order to ensure it is done fairly.

So, I would try to build a case against the commissioner using evidence of waiver requests if possible. It does kind of sound like he's abusing his power though based on what you've said.

We had a Commish a few years ago that would go back and swap out one or two of his starters AFTER the Sunday afternoon games were over. Of course he wouldn't admit (or deny) that he was doing it, but it was blatently obvious to the rest of the league. First he just did it to pump up his points total, but he finally went over the edge and altered the outcome of a late regular season game with playoff implications.

It was a free league, but it was private and invitation only, so a few of the guys knew the commish personally. His actions cost him some friendships that had lasted years.

I don't know why he did it, but in my book, you've got to be a real loser to feel compelled to cheat at something as trivial as a free fantasy football league that exists only for the sake of fun, comraderie, and friendly competition.

assuming your waiver claims are either by record (worst to 1st) or in the same order (ie if you make a claim you go to the end of the line) it should be pretty apparent if say C.Talyor was the hot pickup and if all the guys behind him put in a claim, but he gets him.....that is OBVIOUS cheating. If your waivers are 1st come 1st served then he could conceivably get them 1st. Shouldn't be hard to figure out......and if he had been doing this then the league should have made a stink sooner.

....kind of confused as to how the commish can say he wasn't at the draft, but supposably was.

There are many ways to determine the draft position fairly. We assign everyone a number then do it based on the last number of the daily lottery....pretty fair. Some sites will randomly determine the draft order before the draft. If it's local have a few people get together and draw names.

couple years back the commish of my local was doing some questionable things... :D

it was a yahoo league and his roster on the yahoo site had one line up

and Stat Tracker had a different line up.

funny how the Yahoo line up (the one that counted) always had the player with the most points

he claims it was do to last minute changes he made to his line up....

cant prove or disprove....