[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk

Hat Trick

I must say I didn't really know how he'd fare in a big game such as this. He's only really played what 3 series so far in the NFL in 3 years. I watched an interrview with Packer players a couple days ago that said he is a master at imitating the opposing teams QB for the first string Def in practice. i saw Harris, Woodson, Favre and others give him praise. I pretty much know for certain now that the reason Favre didn't go back in was they were 10-1...live to fight another day....they will make the playoffs and he had confidence that Aaron would be fine. Now with all the talk/hype all week about how much Romo is like Favre I must say I thought Rodgers sure looked a lot more like favre to me than Romo ever has. Rodgers did the same leg pump, leg pump fakes, undoing of the chin strap, rolling out of the pocket. I don't know about you guys but I thought he played excellent and I don't see any comments about it here. Maybe there was discussion in the 15 or so page game thread, but i aint reading that.

How many years does Rodgers have left on his contract? I have a feeling the Packers will be turning the keys over in the offense to a formidable backup to Favre. We all thought he was gonna be a pretty good QB coming out of college but he sure looked to prove that playing behind Favre all this time has definately done him good. That 2005 first round of the draft was loaded now that I look back on it. One could make a case that from what we've seen.....Rodgers might be the best QB in that draft although Anderson is playing well and Campbell is growing.....Cassell and McPherson really haven't even gotten a shot. Marion Barber in the 4th.....Derek Anderson in the 6th.....nice value....looks like the Ravens dumped Anderson....and they're still looking for a franchise QB...that has to sting a little.

Alex Smith

Aaron Rodgers

Jason Campbell

Andrew Walter

Kyle Orton

Stefon Lefors

Adrian McPherson

Dan Orlovsky

Derek Anderson

James Kilian

Matt Cassel

Ryan Fitzpatrick

This game had all the earmarks of Favre laying an egg as soon as the Packers got behind and Favre was still going deep into double/triple coverage.

The game plan may have changed when Rodgers came in but Favre, in all his glory, is known for forcing a lot of unnecessary throws when playing from behind.

Certainly not saying there's any QB controversy but Rodgers came in, without playing many meaningful snaps since he's been drafted, and gave them a shot to win the game. I'd say that's damn impressive.

On this game alone (primetime game between the class of the NFC), I'd say he inched his value close (but not quite) to that of Schaub before he was traded.

So nobody knows the terms of his contract? Did all the Packers fans get told they couldn't post for a day or what?

We're all hungover man... duh? :D

Per Rotoworld:

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal included a $1.5 million signing bonus and contains another $16.82 million available though incentives, $8.25 million of which fall in 2007 and 2008 and can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers gets $2.2 million if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2007: $505,000, 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent.

I haven't read the rest of your thread yet though. Need coffee.

BTW - Thought Aaron was sharp, but off on his deep ball. To be expected without reps with the 1st teamers. He's very promising.

Not sure if this is status quo but he seemed to have blinders on for Jennings.

He hit Driver et al a few times too but I seem to remember a ton of passes in Jennings' direction.

That's correct, and being that Jennings is their most explosive WR, that's what got them back in the game.

We're all hungover man... duh? :D

Per Rotoworld:

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal included a $1.5 million signing bonus and contains another $16.82 million available though incentives, $8.25 million of which fall in 2007 and 2008 and can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers gets $2.2 million if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2007: $505,000, 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent.

I haven't read the rest of your thread yet though. Need coffee.

BTW - Thought Aaron was sharp, but off on his deep ball. To be expected without reps with the 1st teamers. He's very promising.

Thank you sir

This game had all the earmarks of Favre laying an egg as soon as the Packers got behind and Favre was still going deep into double/triple coverage.

The game plan may have changed when Rodgers came in but Favre, in all his glory, is known for forcing a lot of unnecessary throws when playing from behind.

Certainly not saying there's any QB controversy but Rodgers came in, without playing many meaningful snaps since he's been drafted, and gave them a shot to win the game. I'd say that's damn impressive.

On this game alone (primetime game between the class of the NFC), I'd say he inched his value close (but not quite) to that of Schaub before he was traded.

I'm certainly not privy to what goes on behind closed doors at Lambeau, but the folks I was watching the game with (and myself) were very much :D at the deep heaves into double coverage. Once Rodgers came in, it looked MUCH more like what GB has been doing most of the year.

As you said, with Favre being known for forcing throws/trying to win a game on one pass, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he may have been trying to do too much - I have no problem with deep throws when you have the matchup. When there are two defenders who look more like the target than the WR does, it's a problem.

Hopefully, if that's the case, Rogers' success shows the ol' gunslinger that the offense WORKS when you play within it - I thought Rodgers looked terrific, but I also think that last night's performance showed it isn't completely Brett Favre elevating those around him beyond their capabilities - I think it's pretty apparent that he has a strong supporting cast.