[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cyclones

As many of you know the choices for TV overseas isn't that great. There are plenty of good reruns on but new shows are a year or more behind. I was at the mall the other day buying DVDs for 75 cents each and noticed the seasons 1 through 6 of 24 was less than 10 dollars, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Since then my life has gotten 95% less productive as I have watched seasons 1 through 4 in 9 days. The only thing that discourages me is that I will soon be out of episodes. It has to be the greatest non sitcom TV series ever. And Jack Bauer is without question the biggest badass in history. He is indestructible and all knowing and can never possibly face a situation that he cannot wriggle out of. I plan on watching season 5 in two 9 hour blocks the next 2 days. I can't get enough.

you sir must have been under a rock...and yeah it is a great TV show, enjoy :D

have you seen the episode where jack is sworn in as Pres and then has to kill his VP 10 minutes later

j/k :D

I had been avoiding this show as I knew I'd be hooked and didn't want to add it to my already too much tv life.

But starting this summer the wife and I have been watching them via blockbuster online. We are almost done with season 5 and have loved it. Had trouble getting to sleep after watching an episode and have uttered the phrase...we have time for one more episode all to ofter.

I've heard that season 6 was a let down after 5, but we'll still watch.

And Jack Bauer is without question the biggest badass in history. He is indestructible and all knowing and can never possibly face a situation that he cannot wriggle out of.

MacGyver OWNS Jack Bauer.

the wife and i started watching them from season one back this spring, and last night we just watched the first episode of season 5. my assessment: season 1 was indeed one of the best TV shows i've ever come across. definitely the most suspenseful. the rest of the seasons have all been entertaining, but corny. kim's story getting chased by the cougar and chit in season two was the absolute worst.

Cyclones: if you're really that far behind the times, as TV goes, you may want to check out:

- The Sopranos (mobsters)

- the new Battlestar Galactica (cylons, cylons, cylons!)

- The Venture Brothers (spoofy animated adult version of Johnny Quest)

- Weeds (hot suburban marry jane dealin' mama)

- The Wire (Baltimore cops, robbers, and dope dealers)

- Deadwood (foul-mouthed, rough around the edges western)

- Lost (Fantasy Island meets Lord of Flies)

- The West Wing (white house political drama)

Edited by yo mama

There have certainly been some cheesy story lines. Season one was best so far, I've heard Season 5 is the next best so I am looking forward to it. Four was pretty good too.

like i said, we just watched the first episode of season 5 last night, and i'll definitely say this much...they get things off with a bang.

As many of you know the choices for TV overseas isn't that great. There are plenty of good reruns on but new shows are a year or more behind. I was at the mall the other day buying DVDs for 75 cents each and noticed the seasons 1 through 6 of 24 was less than 10 dollars, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Since then my life has gotten 95% less productive as I have watched seasons 1 through 4 in 9 days. The only thing that discourages me is that I will soon be out of episodes. It has to be the greatest non sitcom TV series ever. And Jack Bauer is without question the biggest badass in history. He is indestructible and all knowing and can never possibly face a situation that he cannot wriggle out of. I plan on watching season 5 in two 9 hour blocks the next 2 days. I can't get enough.

I had knee replacement surgery in January and did the same thing, I would sit and watch for 4 hours or more while I was at home for 3 months. Awesome show even if it is very predictable

like i said, we just watched the first episode of season 5 last night, and i'll definitely say this much...they get things off with a bang.

Yeah, nothing like a bullet through the throat of one of the most popular characters to start off a season.

Cyclones: if you're really that far behind the times, as TV goes, you may want to check out:

After 24 is done (at current pace, 3 more days) I was planning on buying Lost next. But I will experience 24 withdrawals once season 6 ends, there's no way around it.

:D Don't forget Entourage or the first season of Heroes.

(While this season of Heroes is a little rough, the first season was absolutely astounding.)

24 is awesome but season 6 kind of sucked.

Lost, season 1 was awesome, season 2 blew, season 3 was good.

Yeah, there's another show that I gave up on in season two. ABC got too greedy with the ratings IMO. They were repeating episodes while other networks had new stuff. It seemed like the plot went way to slow. Ticked me off...

I'm really into Life this year. That's a fun show.

:D Don't forget Entourage or the first season of Heroes.

(While this season of Heroes is a little rough, the first season was absolutely astounding.)

Yeah, Heroes season one is really, really good. Agreed season two started a bit slow, but its came together pretty well the last few weeks.

watched 3 more episodes of season 5 last night...3 more to go. Wow...this is a good one. Heading up skiing on Thurs. night so we'll probably finish it Sunday.

Has season 6 been released to dvd yet?

Edit: Yes it has, and added to Qeue :D

Edited by nhoops

watched 3 more episodes of season 5 last night...3 more to go. Wow...this is a good one. Heading up skiing on Thurs. night so we'll probably finish it Sunday.

Has season 6 been released to dvd yet?

Edit: Yes it has, and added to Qeue :D

I'm 12 hours into season 5. Finishing it up when I get home from work this morning. It's the best since season 1 for sure, and I'm sure there is plenty more to come.

24 is my favorite show. I thought that season 3 was BY FAR the best, but not that many people agree with me. It may be because that was the first season that I watched. Season 6 was a bit of a letdown but wasn't horrible.

I strongly recommend The Wire. In my opinion, it's the best show on TV other than 24. You might try all of the Alias seasons as well. Sydney Bristow couldn't whip Jack Bauer, but she looks a lot better.