[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas Cocktails ?

Atlanta Cracker

simple martini- vodka and pomegranate juice

In San Diego recently I had a pomegranite & lychee saki martini at some sushi bar in Old Town & even though I'm not a huge fan of martini's I'd have to say it was mighty tasty.

On subject I don't think you can go wrong with a good eggnog. I also like to have coffee with some home made irish cream or have it just on the rocks when just chilling out & hanging around with the family.

Always a warmer-upper in the wintertime:

Hot Toddy

1 tbsp honey

3/4 glass tea

2 shots brandy

1 slice lemon

Brew tea and fill a tall glass 3/4 full. Mix in honey. Mix in brandy shots. Add lemon slice and enjoy.

We call this one You're Unbelievable and the ladies freaking inhale them at the restaurant.

It requires a bit of prep ahead of time but it's still pretty easy.

Chop up a pear or two and make a syrup by covering them with a few cups of water and about 1/2 cup sugar. Simmer about 20-30 minutes until pears are rather soft. Strain (pushing a bit on the pears to squeeze as much syrup as you can), mix with cinnamon to taste and chill until ready to use. The syrup will last at least a week or two in the fridge.

3 parts sparking wine, 1 part syrup, squeeze of lemon

The pears and cinnamon make for a nice wintery touch and the sparkling element is pretty festive.

Another nice one. The Whippet

4 parts: Finlandia Grapefruit Vodka

1 part: Lichee juice (the syrup they pack canned lichees works fine and you can find them at any Asian Mkt.)

Shake and serve up with a splash of sparking wine

To take the winter chill off: Sweet Heat

Rye or Bourbon

A dash of maple syrup

Juice of 1/2 lemon

pinch of cayenne pepper

Shake and serve over ice

You'll figure out how sweet, tangy, or spicy you want it after the first few times.

This one was inspired by the Master Cleanse fast. You drink tons of a water, lemon, maple, cayenne concoction during the fast. When I was doing it, I kept thinking what a great freaking cocktail it would make.