[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas Gift Etiquette

keggerz

I work all damn day so I never get to see my mailman or garbage men.

If I did I would prob give the mail man a card w a 20 spot and I would give the garbage crew 40 bucks (dont know how many people come but they can split it). I might take a day off before the holidays to unwind and I am going to try to meet the mailman for the 1st time (new house) and I might give him something then.

I give my barber the cost of the haircut x 2 in December. So $10 x 2 = 20. My usual tip to him is like $3

I wouldnt tip anyone else unless I had a doorman in a building or something.

I work all damn day so I never get to see my mailman or garbage men.

I'm asleep when they deliver mail/pickup garbage.

How does one tip in this instance?

I suppose leave an envelope in the mailbox labeled 'postal carrier'. But I'm sure not going to leave an envelope sitting on the garbage can on the curb.

Give a tip to an already overpaid employee of the two most bloated and spoiled industries out there? I think not. Next thing you know the price of stamps and garbage collection will go up again.... oh wait they already have many times over the past five years or so. Do your friggin' jobs right and get the satisfaction out of knowing you are waayyy overpaid and overbenefitted

Edited by Hugh B Tool

for as long as I have been in business i have always had a PO Box...that is up until this past june...so what would be an appropriate gift for a letter carrier? Bottle of wine? or is it illegal to give them wine or gifts since they are federal employees?

At the very least, you should make sure your kids get him a father's day gift. :D

no kids for us yet or my response would have been :D

:D Rats.

In that case, I'd only get him something if he's your regular guy. (We never have the same postman from month to month because we live on a "training route.") BevMo gift card would be my vote.

Edited by yo mama

$20 cash is the postman's gift, as well as the sanitation guys (who probably should get more, since they are out in the elements doing some heavy lifting)....though they only come once a week, so I guess its a wash.

Also give a holiday tip/gift to the wife's hairdresser, my barber, and the kid's teacher's and sports/music insstructors...all in all, its freakin' out-of-hand

Our "sanitation guys" never leave their truck. They flip a lever. They don't lift sh1t and don't deal with elements.