[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells says NO to Falcons

darin3

I'd say that intelligent drafting on the part of McKay and Dungy was equally important.

Dungy did an excellent job in TB, but he inexplicably couldn't even win an NFC title with those teams and the coaching staff that you rave about. Combining that with the fact that he's under-achieved in Indy as well, and I'd say that you're over-stating his importance somewhat. Dungy's good, but he isn't exactly Walsh or Belichick.

Which is arguably the most important aspect of his job. A great HC is nothing without great drafting (e.g., Gibbs in WAS right now).

Yeah, he did such an awful job with the cap that the Bucs were a perennial playoff team form the mid-90's through '02 and won a SB. What a crappy GM. :D

This may come as a surprise to you, but teams often run into cap issues when they spend on veterans to put them over the top. The last time I checked, the Bucs were on their way to their second playoff appearance in the past three years, so it doesn't exactly sound like McKay crippled your franchise. :D

I don't expect you to "bow down to McKay", but I just find it silly that you mention the salary cap issue every f'n time somebody mentions his name here.

I'm sorry that you find it silly, my bad buddy...