[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF methodology

Thews40

FF league questions  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played in a High Points league?

• Yes and SB leagues are better
    • Yes and HP leagues are better
    • no
  2. 2. What week is your SB?

• 16 the way it should be
    • 17 and it all comes down to dumb luck
    • 17 and it's all about skill
  3. 3. How deep is your FF bench? (non-IDP)

• other
  4. 4. How tight is the scoring system in your main?

• Tight... no tweaks required
    • Pretty tight... could use a tweak
    • OK... I'd like a few rules to change
    • Hosed and needs some major tweaks
  5. 5. Did you make money this year?

• Yes
    • pretty much even
    • No
    • Puddy
  6. 6. Have you played in an IDP?

• No
    • Yes and it's better
    • Yes and it's too much work

My main is a high points league that pays out the top two slots to #1 and #2 in total points. The SB gets 20%, so with a $100 entry it’s still some money… but the real money is paid for scoring the most points. My team went 12-4 on the season, 138-38 overall, and I lost the SB. With a 139 point lead going into week 17 #1 payout is locked up. IMO the luck factor is reduced by paying out high points… I’ll bet some of you diehards have never played in a HP league… it’s so much better. How many teams smashed everyone the entire year leading in points just to lose on a bad Brady/Moss week? …all for naught… must suck. Since this HP league runs through week 17, it’s still not over for the #2 slot.

Since this HP league runs through week 17, it’s still not over for the #2 slot.

Yep, great for the guy who has high points and can't live with the fact that everyone is playing by the same rules, luck or not but except for that #2 spot you mentioned, everyone else is prety much mathematically eliminated from the big $$$ several weeks before the end of the season. I still like the playoff/super bowl format with a little $$$ love to the high points team.

and I've seen a lot of posts this year complaining that their team is high points, yet they have a record of 6-7 or something. There's something to be said for having to build a team that's good on a consistent basis, instead of having a team of Lee Evans type players that have four huge weeks and stink the rest of the time.

Edited by gsmayes

and I've seen a lot of posts this year complaining that their team is high points, yet they have a record of 6-7 or something. There's something to be said for having to build a team that's good on a consistent basis, instead of having a team of Lee Evans type players that have four huge weeks and stink the rest of the time.

What sucks is putting together a monster and losing the first game of the playoffs... done. It's fun, but if your monster has a hugh point lead after week 15, there's still the SB and #2 in points. The points race usually comes down to week 17. I've never done an IDP, but I'd like to try one next year. I don't even know what makes a "Dynasty" team, but a friend on mine is in a league with salary caps and it just seems like too much work. Note to whoever voted for week 17 is skill... wait till next week. Did you really draft your SB team counting on your starters to play in week 17? Really... you nailed it that close? It's all about luck in week 17 and who you have on your bench. That is skill (bench), but regarding your team that got you there it's patchwork.