[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

XBox 360 Live

Grits and Shins

My son got an XBox 360 Live for Christmas ... with a gold membership.

I got everything hooked up to my wireless network with no problem.

When he tries to play Madden 08 online he connects to the EA servers and is told he is too young to play. Game over.

I just got off the phone with some dumb manure teenager in their phone support ... he told me I was SOL.

Anybody know an off the book way to re-set the birthday?

Otherwise I am going to insist that the gold membership be refunded in full and will return the supporting hardware for the wireless connection as it will be totally useless.

Many hours on the phone with XBox yesterday ... they were not very helpful ... told us we were SOL

Many hours at Best Buy today attempting to exchange the 'used' membership for a new membership.

Best Buy of purchase has apparently decided to allow the exchange but did not have a replacement in stock ... so we are waiting 3 to 5 days.

Not very impressed with the whole XBox thing

Many hours on the phone with XBox yesterday ... they were not very helpful ... told us we were SOL

Many hours at Best Buy today attempting to exchange the 'used' membership for a new membership.

Best Buy of purchase has apparently decided to allow the exchange but did not have a replacement in stock ... so we are waiting 3 to 5 days.

Not very impressed with the whole XBox thing

I wouldnt blaim XBox they are just trying to protect kids from playing online (what most parents want).

XBox Live is awesome. I bet once you get it up and running under your name you will no complaints (I dont).