[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PS2 and Xbox fans (not the 360, the dinosaur)

Duchess Jack

just to clairfy - I'd prefer something more turn based or something with a combat system that you can pause rather than a true life RTS... I will take one... but some RTS games just stress me out... too much to pay attention to at once.

Edited by Duchess Jack

just to clairfy - I'd prefer something more turn based or something with a combat system that you can pause rather than a true life RTS... I will take one... but some RTS games just stress me out... too much to pay attention to at once.

There arent many good RTS's for consoles in my experience. My current fav is Dawn Of War. Its an RTS based on the Warhammer 40k universe (which I used to play Table Top :D). It is real time but isnt a resource intensive as some other RTS's. Its resource system is based upon taking and holding strategic points which keeps you moving forward and engaging in battle. I am pretty hooked on this game ATM.

hmm... I will have to check it out... last RTS I played was this bugger...

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/1219/Kingdo...der-Fire-Heroes

it was pretty fun, but I still wish I had a pause to get my bearings...

Looks like a good game. I know how you feel with the non-stop action thing. You can pause DOW but you cant do anything while paused.

Hey DJ, if you want to pay for shipping I'll dig up 1 and 2 from the basement and ship them to you.

and if he can't find them, i could send you mine. the first knights of the old republic was great. the second one was made by a different developer and wasn't as good. it's more action-RPG, though. DJ, did you ever play Fable or Jade Empire for xbox? both of those were pretty good, too.

If you are a fan of tactics RPGs, here are a few of my favorites. (Warning: some are PS1 so the graphics may not be as good but I guarantee have quality storylines and gameplay)

Final Fantasy Tactics (My alltime favorite game, no it doesn't play like a final fantasy game)

Disgaea 1 and 2

Tactics Ogre

La Pucelle Tactics

Phantom Brave

Growlanser

Front Mission 3 and 4 (Also a very solid pick, less fantasy, more war-like)

All are turnbased grid combat strategy type of games.

Also, if you are into resource management, world domination type games, you should look into Civilization 3 or 4. It is on PC but the game is damn addictive.

Hey DJ, if you want to pay for shipping I'll dig up 1 and 2 from the basement and ship them to you.

and if he can't find them, i could send you mine. the first knights of the old republic was great. the second one was made by a different developer and wasn't as good. it's more action-RPG, though. DJ, did you ever play Fable or Jade Empire for xbox? both of those were pretty good, too.

Thanks for the offer guys... that kicks ass. Already played them though. I recall liking the second one a little more because you could customize more? Was that the case?

If you are a fan of tactics RPGs, here are a few of my favorites. (Warning: some are PS1 so the graphics may not be as good but I guarantee have quality storylines and gameplay)

Final Fantasy Tactics (My alltime favorite game, no it doesn't play like a final fantasy game)

Disgaea 1 and 2

Tactics Ogre

La Pucelle Tactics

Phantom Brave

Growlanser

Front Mission 3 and 4 (Also a very solid pick, less fantasy, more war-like)

All are turnbased grid combat strategy type of games.

Also, if you are into resource management, world domination type games, you should look into Civilization 3 or 4. It is on PC but the game is damn addictive.

Funny... I just did some research and came up with a lot of the ones listed above...

I also read good things about this one....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/strategy/rapsodia/index.html

and

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/497/497157.html

This is the one I bought...

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/10...ary-Tactics/p1/

I might give Disgaea a spin as well

and if you're into tactics games and have yet to play it... I'd suggest this one...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/gladius/index.html

I enjoyed Fable - wanted a little more but it was fun - what up with Jade Empire?

civ 4 is one of the best games ever...especially if you like turn based games. This game has it ALL.

disgea is an excellent game (mentioned above) as well as fantasy tactics. I wanna try Dungeon Tactics (based on Dunegeons and Dragons).

Right now I am playing Fantasy Wars (PC) and I enjoy it. Although they make u act quicker than u want to but I dont know if thats a bad thing. Makes every move count.

civ 4 is one of the best games ever...especially if you like turn based games. This game has it ALL.

disgea is an excellent game (mentioned above) as well as fantasy tactics. I wanna try Dungeon Tactics (based on Dunegeons and Dragons).

Right now I am playing Fantasy Wars (PC) and I enjoy it. Although they make u act quicker than u want to but I dont know if thats a bad thing. Makes every move count.

Civ II might be my favorate game of all time... I stopped playing games on my PC though. PS1 had Civ 2... you'd figure that they'd try it again.

A D&D tactics game? My panties just got all wet.

Civ II might be my favorate game of all time... I stopped playing games on my PC though. PS1 had Civ 2... you'd figure that they'd try it again.

A D&D tactics game? My panties just got all wet.

If you liked Civ II civ IV will give you an orgasm and get your panties more than wet

I enjoyed Fable - wanted a little more but it was fun - what up with Jade Empire?

Jade Empire kicks ass, that's what's up with it. :D

yeah, if you liked KotOR, you'll probably like jade empire. it's from bioware, the same guys who made the first KotOR.

and you should really get with the times and get an xbox 360 already. :D

yeah, if you liked KotOR, you'll probably like jade empire. it's from bioware, the same guys who made the first KotOR.

and you should really get with the times and get an xbox 360 already. :D

If Peterson and Jackson would've done anything in week 16, I may have. :D