[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

genocide

polksalet

Pardon me if I dont greive...

True Genocide:

The bonobo’s range is limited to about 350,000 square kilometers in the central African nation of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This habitat is increasingly fragmented by slash-and-burn agriculture and logging. Only a small portion of the bonobo’s habitat is currently protected, and unsustainable commercial hunting is a major threat.

On top of habitat loss Bonobo are also hunted as "bushmeat". They should just eat each other. :wacko:

Help End The Slaughter

Pardon me if I dont greive...

True Genocide:

On top of habitat loss Bonobo are also hunted as "bushmeat". They should just eat each other. :wacko:

Help End The Slaughter

Demon if you are serious you are seriously whacked.................

5 million human beings

are you serious? :wacko:

the genocidal murder of 5 million people is not worth grieving over because some monkeys don't have as much turf as they used to?

As a heart attack. We're talking about an entire species lost forever. A species that just happens to be our closest genetic relative. I think the human race will withstand the loss of 5 million people over the course of 20 years. And I dont think it really qualifies as "genocide" when its two sides engaging in battle against each other. But, ya, go ahead and mourn the loss of people that are destroying our planets genetic diversity. :D

As a heart attack. We're talking about an entire species lost forever. A species that just happens to be our closest genetic relative. I think the human race will withstand the loss of 5 million people over the course of 20 years. And I dont think it really qualifies as "genocide" when its two sides engaging in battle against each other. But, ya, go ahead and mourn the loss of people that are destroying our planets genetic diversity. :wacko:

man i hope somehow this is still a massive fishing expedition

cause that is warped sense of value and priority

Closest genetic relative ?? you know whats closer to humans than apes genetically speaking ? other humans ..including the millions being slaughtered

As a heart attack. We're talking about an entire species lost forever. A species that just happens to be our closest genetic relative. I think the human race will withstand the loss of 5 million people over the course of 20 years. And I dont think it really qualifies as "genocide" when its two sides engaging in battle against each other. But, ya, go ahead and mourn the loss of people that are destroying our planets genetic diversity. :wacko:

I was about to call you a pathetic excuse for a human being, but then I realized that you would take it as a compliment.

But I will say that it really easy to make comments like yours when you have been a winner of the birth-lottery into a wealthy nation.

Edited by wiegie

well. i know a lot of people think the way you do. i think i mostly understand the reasoning you use to get there....the warring humans being "guilty", with "innocent" apes (and a fragile natural world) being caught in the crossfire. but i still have to admit to being somewhat amazed that someone would value the lives of thousands of apes over the lives of millions of people. how many of those 5 million dead do you think were children? how many were people just trying to live their lives with this turmoil going on around them? 5 million dead, i bet only the tiniest fraction of them were holding guns when they died. talk about innocents caught in the crossfire.

man i hope somehow this is still a massive fishing expedition

cause that is warped sense of value and priority

Closest genetic relative ?? you know whats closer to humans than apes genetically speaking ? other humans ..including the millions being slaughtered

Look, I'm not going to try and defend myself against the huddle morality police. This is a war. Just like hundreds of other wars going on around the world in any given decade. Ya, it sucks that people are dying in Central Africa. I just happen to think that it is more of a tragedy that we could lose Bonobos, Jungle Elephants and countless other species that live only in Congolese jungles. Is that so off base?

Look, I'm not going to try and defend myself against the huddle morality police. This is a war. Just like hundreds of other wars going on around the world in any given decade. Ya, it sucks that people are dying in Central Africa. I just happen to think that it is more of a tragedy that we could lose Bonobos, Jungle Elephants and countless other species that live only in Congolese jungles. Is that so off base?

to each his own

in my opinion ( nothing to do with Huddle or Huddle morality police ) its very off base

I think no one who posted has anything against animals and i bleive no one wants to see a specices eradicated but i believe the bigger story is the people who have been murdered

well. i know a lot of people think the way you do. i think i mostly understand the reasoning you use to get there....the warring humans being "guilty", with "innocent" apes (and a fragile natural world) being caught in the crossfire. but i still have to admit to being somewhat amazed that someone would value the lives of thousands of apes over the lives of millions of people. how many of those 5 million dead do you think were children? how many were people just trying to live their lives with this turmoil going on around them? 5 million dead, i bet only the tiniest fraction of them were holding guns when they died. talk about innocents caught in the crossfire.

This war, just like probably every other war between indigenous africans, is about dwindling resources. You dont think every one of these people that died had a vested interest one way or the other which side won? I am sure every one of the people that was killed either identified themselves as either Hutu or Tootsie or whatever ethnic group was involved in this particular conflict. Just because someone isnt holding a gun doesnt mean they are not contributing food, water, shelter, logistics to those that are wielding the AK's. I will never understand the mindset that brings these millitas to do the things they do and the loss of a child who never had a chance to decide one way or the other is a tragedy. But I dont really see that there is anything anyone outside the situation can do to stem the violence.

to each his own

in my opinion ( nothing to do with Huddle or Huddle morality police ) its very off base

I think no one who posted has anything against animals and i bleive no one wants to see a specices eradicated but i believe the bigger story is the people who have been murdered

i dont quite see it that way ... as i dont see it quite like demon but i can see both points...

do we really need to reach 10 billion ?

what is a human life worth?

is an extinction of a species worth 5 million humans???

is it alway humans first- everything else second? and were will that lead ?

This war, just like probably every other war between indigenous africans, is about dwindling resources. You dont think every one of these people that died had a vested interest one way or the other which side won? I am sure every one of the people that was killed either identified themselves as either Hutu or Tootsie or whatever ethnic group was involved in this particular conflict. Just because someone isnt holding a gun doesnt mean they are not contributing food, water, shelter, logistics to those that are wielding the AK's. I will never understand the mindset that brings these millitas to do the things they do and the loss of a child who never had a chance to decide one way or the other is a tragedy. But I dont really see that there is anything anyone outside the situation can do to stem the violence.

No. they don't Some people simply want to wake up and live their lives without being involved in politics.

It's the height of ignorance to assume eery one of the 5 million people had an opinion in the conflict prior to it breaking out. I can tell you the only absolute: 100% of the humans 'caught in the middle' as well did not want to die.

Being humans, we tend to value our own species above others on this planet. However, DM does bring up a valid (if somewhat extreme) point. If the killing of all these humans is atrociuos, isn't the killing of the animals in this area just as atrocious? Not to make this a religious or PETA discussion, but just who the hell are we to determine which life, an ape or a human, has more value? Is eradicating any species of life less horriffic than the killing of a several million humans? We may feel a greater connection to the humans killed but if you take a step back for a moment, the loss of these other lives could be a greater calamity in the long run.

i dont quite see it that way ... as i dont see it quite like demon but i can see both points...

i agree that there should be more than enough room for concern , sadness and initiative to help both the humans ( suffering there in congo ) as well as for the apes that are being killed ..i am not saying it has to be only one and not the other

my pt is though if and when comparing both , i would believe and i do believe the humans should come first

Edited by isleseeya

there is a good democrat :D:wacko:

i agree that there should be more than enough room for concern , sadness and initiative to help both the humans who have died as well as the apes that are being killed ..i am not saying it has to be only one and not other

my pt is though if and when comparing both , i would believe and i do believe the humans should come first

see i think that attitude will be the down fall of humans....