[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey FLA Huddlers...

msaint

hey all,

mrs. saint and i are heading down to st. pete for a little R&R in late february, a quick 40th b-day junt for yours truly...staying 4 mights at the don cesar hotel (normally wouldn't splurge on a hotel like this but, hey, it's my 40th)....and we know we're doing busch gardens for one day (we're both rollercoaster freaks) and discovery cove in orlando for a day (seemed pretty cool, swim with sharks etc.).... but any suggestions on great restaurants/bars/other things to do/see while we're there?

we'll be getting in some beach/pool chill out time, but at night we'll be hungry and thirsty :wacko:, so any suggestions would be great. even if you have any inside dope on busch gardens, how to beat the lines, best rides, etc...i'm all ears.

Hey Mark. First Happy early 40th! My wife and I are also roller coaster freaks. Busch gardens has a new one called Sheikra. All I can say is wow! It's one of the tallest coasters in the country and it basically drops you vertically like 100 feet. It will put your stomach in your mouth. I love coasters and I was a little nervous on the ascent to the top of the drop point. It is a lot of fun. Plus Kumba and Montu are also great coasters. Do the safari thing too. It's a great way to get up close to the animals. That time of year the park closes at 6 I believe but there will be little or no lines. It's pretty much off-season for FL. especially the west coast..

As far as eating goes, for your birthday night I recommend this place . Really nice, great food, and great atmosphere. I've been there a few times when I'm over that way (usually to go to Busch Gardens) and it's just a great dinning experience especially for an occasion like a birthday. They have a dessert room upstairs for after dinner that has coffee's, desserts, cognacs, ports and other wines. Nice place to hang with the misses after dinner. Very cool!

Also the Florida Aquarium is really cool and well worth a visit.

Edited by 'canes2004

If you're looking for a little night life, try Ebor (sp?) city in downtown Tampa. Used to be an old cigar factory area and has been transformed into a place with restaurants and clubs. Not too far from St. Pete (where the wife and I got married over 6 years ago).

For a special occasion meal, I have heard Bern's Steakhouse is supposed to be fantastic and their "desert room" is something to be seen, but I seem to remember some around here don't love it as much as most. I have yet to go, which is surprising since I am in Tampa at my in-laws every December holiday season.

Edited by TDFFFreak