[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok, how do I handle this

polksalet

The previous residents of my crib are some of the best people I have ever known. They however have a nephew who is a worthless piece of trash. When they lived here he ran up crazy debt all over the country. He is apparently still using my address and I get calls and letters from collectors fairly often. I give them the low down and they are appreciative for the hlp.

Well, I just got a bill from movie gallery for 55 dolla for a couple of movies he refuses to return. It is in his name but he still uses my address. So I call the fraud department at movie gallery's home office. I give them the spill and they say "write on the outside of the envelope return to sender" and hang up on me. So I call the local store where the purchases were made and they thank me and hang up.

I have had dealings with thee idiots before. They once went after me and placed on my credit report a charge for 4 dollars even though I was never late on a rental from them. SO obviously this is not a well run group. Usually people are glad to get the low down on this guy but these people don't seem to care and I am afraid it will come back on me somehow. No joke, this guy owes gmac like 40k parking tickets in houston for 6k. I can't believe people like this get away with being crooks for so long. I am thinking about telling his uncle I will act violently on his nephew if he keeps this up. I know it is not Christian but it seems to be the only way to get the point across.

Any ideas?

He didn't use your name on the debt did he? I guess what I'm wondering is if someone can place a claim on your credit report simply because you shared an address with a jerk. Doesn't seem like that should be possible.

Ever have anything unexplainable show up on your credit report and then you can't get it off? It has happened to me several times.

Polk - are you sure that he is still currently doing it? I mean how long have you lived there? Is it possible that they are all old debts that they are now trying to collect?

I would think that you might want to start by calling the police. :wacko:

01/08/08

Do you have his current address? If so, I would unleash hell upon this guy. You could probably find a lot of anonymous message board folk who would be more than willing to assist in plotting and executing justice in this regard. Just guessing. :wacko:

Do you have his current address? If so, I would unleash hell upon this guy. You could probably find a lot of anonymous message board folk who would be more than willing to assist in plotting and executing justice in this regard. Just guessing. :wacko:

Like sending him ghey travel magazines.

NTTAWWT

Just let everyone know that you live there now, and he was the previous tenent. It's crazy and not legal to come after you because now you live there.

Edited by NSab

How do these companies have your phone #?

That is not hard at all. One of my very good police friends called in an address for me and had the phone number in about 1 minute. I am sure that credit collection people can get this info. As a matter of fact I once got a call for the dude that live accross the street from me. I mean they did not make a mistake and call me, they called me to ask me to deliver a message to him. I guess to try to embarass him.

Do you have his current address? If so, I would unleash hell upon this guy. You could probably find a lot of anonymous message board folk who would be more than willing to assist in plotting and executing justice in this regard. Just guessing. :D

I will have to look into this. I was watching Mel Kiper the other day and thinking of this, I mean his draft predictions and all. :wacko: