[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

microsoft buying yahoo

dmarc117

Up 52% today according to CNN.

Everyone on CNBC was talking Yahoo earlier in the week before Google's earnings came out. I wonder how many people bought stock. Wish I had.

Edited by Rebellab

OK, this is kind of weird. I was on a plane to Vegas headed for WCOFF last September and I happened to be seated next to a CTO of a company that'll go unmentioned. We started talking about my company and how we do strategy for web and other crap. During one of the numerous conversations he mentioned to me that I needed to keep an eye on Yahoo because something HUGH was developing that'll happen in the next 3 months. I was already 3 double vodka clubs deep and trying to figure out how I could get in on his companies bankroll for business so I just shook it off. I'm not saying he knew about it but it's still strange.

I have yet to see Microsoft purchase a company and not turn it's product into utter crap in less than a year's time.

Google shouldn't worry.

Yahoo should.

Yahoo has a huge head start then, because they've been turning their own products into crap for the last several years.

I've got a huge axe to grind with them over the way they destroyed Musicmatch.