[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor has it..

Scourge

There is a rumor going around that newly hired Baltimore Ravens coach, and ex-Eagle ST/CB coach, John Harbaugh already approached the Philly front office and asked about aquiring McNabb. If it happened, the Ravens would most likely have to give up the 8th overall pick for him.

Linky

I am interested to see what both Ravens and Eagles fans think about this.. Fo me, if the Eagles are ever going to trade McNabb, this is the most they could expect to ever get back for him. I would hate to see McNabb go though. I think they have another year to make a run at it before Runyan, Tre Thomas and Dawkins move on.

Also, since Harbaugh was with the Eagles up until a couple of weeks ago.. Don't you think that if the Eagles were already set on keeping McNabb that he would not even bother approaching them about possibly aquiring him?

Thoughts?

McNabb isnt worth a top 10 pick. Maybe a 2nd rounder at this stage in his career. But not pick #8.

I actually agree with you Sandman. I think McNabb still has some game left in him but 8 overall seems pretty steep.

The most interesting thing about it for me is the fact that Harbaugh is approaching them at all. That tells me that the Eagles might be looking to deal him, even though they said there is no chance of that happening.

I hope this is just hype.

+1

This is probably the best we could ever get for McNabb but imo, McNabb still gives us the best chance to make the playoffs and get to the SB...the NFCE is probably the strongest overall division in football and if you can get out of it as the Giants have shown anything can happen

+1

This is probably the best we could ever get for McNabb but imo, McNabb still gives us the best chance to make the playoffs and get to the SB...the NFCE is probably the strongest overall division in football and if you can get out of it as the Giants have shown anything can happen

Whatever helps you sleep at night

McNabb isnt worth a top 10 pick. Maybe a 2nd rounder at this stage in his career. But not pick #8.

What's the #8 pick worth? Hmmm -- the last five #8s:

2007 Jamaal Anderson, DE, Atlanta

2006 Dante Whitner, SS, Buffalo

2005 Antrel Rolle, DB, Arizona

2004 DeAngelo Hall, DB, Atlanta

2003 Jordan Gross, T, Carolina

Nothing toooo immediate-impact that changed the life of their franchise ... I think Donovan gives Baltimore a better chance at success in the next two years than any of the past five #8 picks would in their rookie and sophomore years with the Ravens ... Who will the Ravens pick at 8 this year that would improve their chances more for the next two seasons (win now, baby) than picking up McNabb? :wacko:

I thinkhe'd be worth that pick for the Ravens, to be quite honest. He might not stick around as long as a 'home-run' rookie pick, but he wouldn't be a bust of a #8 like, oh, David Terrell.

I like this trade. I think Philly would be stupid to give him up, because you're not going to get a better player at that pick, especially if you go for a QB, as we all know, they're so hit and miss at that level. However, Philly probably wont ever get anything that high for him again. It's sorta a win/win and a lose/lose at the same time... Not sure it makes Philly any better (it certainly makes the Ravens better) unless McNabb is on the outs anyway.