[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speaking of listening to stuff in the '80s...

I Like Soup

I got to see Jason Becker with Cacophony and DLR. A true talent for sure.

I'm envious to say the least. One of my guitarist locked himself in his room during junior high and high school and taught himself almost all of Becker's work. What's more amazing is that even when relegated to a wheelchair, with no use of any limbs, he was still able to score music... Simply a genius.

can anyone else see soup's avatar?

Neg.

I'm envious to say the least. One of my guitarist locked himself in his room during junior high and high school and taught himself almost all of Becker's work. What's more amazing is that even when relegated to a wheelchair, with no use of any limbs, he was still able to score music... Simply a genius.

Cacophony was one of a couple of bands that opened for Death in Tampa at the Rock-it club. This has to be late 80's. We were floored watching them especially Jason. One of my friends played guitar in a band and chatted Jason up for about 30 min or so. All the guys were super cool and hung and drank beers with everyone.Seemed like a real humble guy. Sad what happened to him.

Cacophony was one of a couple of bands that opened for Death in Tampa at the Rock-it club. This has to be late 80's. We were floored watching them especially Jason. One of my friends played guitar in a band and chatted Jason up for about 30 min or so. All the guys were super cool and hung and drank beers with everyone.Seemed like a real humble guy. Sad what happened to him.

Ha, my other guitarists biggest hero is Chuck from Death... Yet another sad story there as well.

One of Yngwies idols is Ritchie Blackmore. All the guys mentioned in this thread are certainly great players but I always appreciated the players that play more intersting stuff rather then rip through scales as fast as possible. (not saying the guys you mentioned are like that) Ill take Vai over Yngwie anyday

I'll stick with Jason Becker. It's a shame ALS crippled him before he could truly develop.
I got to see Jason Becker with Cacophony and DLR. A true talent for sure.

Neg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3fvB4QO1qo

half hour clinic with Jason Becker. . .good stuff

After trolling youtube for any and all guitarists I could think of and those mentioned in the guitar threads, I gotta say I am truly impressed by Jason Becker. Wow.

After trolling youtube for any and all guitarists I could think of and those mentioned in the guitar threads, I gotta say I am truly impressed by Jason Becker. Wow.

Soup, do you know his story? It's heartbreaking. He and cellist Jacqueline Dupre are two young, outstanding musicians whose careers were destroyed by illness. Becker by ALS, Dupre by MS. Both tragic.

Soup, do you know his story? It's heartbreaking. He and cellist Jacqueline Dupre are two young, outstanding musicians whose careers were destroyed by illness. Becker by ALS, Dupre by MS. Both tragic.

Yeah, I watched one of the short documentaries on Becker, really sad. :wacko: