[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our tax dollars at work

sundaynfl

As Waxman and Davis prepare to grab as much publicity and grandstand as much as they can with the Rocket's testimony today, I am amazed at how unprepared our "goverment officials" are with the idiotic questions they pose and the numerous mispronounciations of players names etc... I really wish there was a better way to spend our tax dollars and hold our elected officials more accountable! :wacko:

It's even more repulsive to watch how ill prepared they are when they question Ben Bernanke WSJ video Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio)... some of them cannot even pronounce his name correctly!

P.S. Waxman's opening has been going on for 20+ minutes... the only reason they do this is for the cameras and the media.

As Waxman and Davis prepare to grab as much publicity and grandstand as much as they can with the Rocket's testimony today, I am amazed at how unprepared our "goverment officials" are with the idiotic questions they pose and the numerous mispronounciations of players names etc... I really wish there was a better way to spend our tax dollars and hold our elected officials more accountable! :wacko:

It's even more repulsive to watch how ill prepared they are when they question Ben Bernanke WSJ video Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio)... some of them cannot even pronounce his name correctly!

P.S. Waxman's opening has been going on for 20+ minutes... the only reason they do this is for the cameras and the media.

Impeachment would be a much better use of tax dollars.

Clemens is denying using steroids yet his accuser says he kept the syringes that have Clemens' DNA. Perjury in front of congress is also a crime and I hope they nab him. People need to be held accountable in the government and private sector. I don't much care how any politician talks. The substance of what they do is more important.

One time, a politician pounded his fist on a podium and said that he didn't have sexual relations with that woman!

Later he said that he did indeed have sexual relations with that woman.

Maybe the Rocket's wife can be president. Or maybe the congressmen can take turns talking for 2 hours until Rocket confesses to this historic crime that he's committed. Cheating in a baseball game should be bigger than giving away secrets to our enemies. We can all agree on that one.

Impeachment would be a much better use of tax dollars.

Clemens is denying using steroids yet his accuser says he kept the syringes that have Clemens' DNA. Perjury in front of congress is also a crime and I hope they nab him. People need to be held accountable in the government and private sector. I don't much care how any politician talks. The substance of what they do is more important.

did billy clinton lie to the govt? should he be held accountable? :wacko:

Bah. Unless they can make Clemens take anti-jerk pills, who cares? He's at worst, about as dirty as about 50+% of the All-Star caliber hitters he was pitching against.

Even on top of that, the point is that there are enough REAL problems in the country to solve. Congress wasting it's f'ing time on what amounts to a witch-hunt useful only for its ability to allow pols to grandstand in front of cameras amounts to our government knocking on our front door and pissing on our shoes.

Bah. Unless they can make Clemens take anti-jerk pills, who cares? He's at worst, about as dirty as about 50+% of the All-Star caliber hitters he was pitching against.

Even on top of that, the point is that there are enough REAL problems in the country to solve. Congress wasting it's f'ing time on what amounts to a witch-hunt useful only for its ability to allow pols to grandstand in front of cameras amounts to our government knocking on our front door and pissing on our shoes.

Ding, ding ding...we have a winner!

Bingo. Congress should remove the anti-trust exemption from both baseball and football, then get the hell out of the way. I wonder if these politicos know how stupid they look?