[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwight Howard

budlitebrad

He literally threw the ball down through the hoop (while wearing a Superman cape, no less). One of the craziest things I've seen in a dunk contest. :wacko:

This has definitely been the best contest I've watched in a long time. Between Dwight's 2 dunks and Green blowing out the candle on the back of the rim, the creativity has definitely been amped up.

I'm in the minority, but the year Vince Carter won it, those were the best dunks of all time. And yes, I did see MJ in '88.

IMO Carter in '00 and Howard in '08 are about even. The crowd was nuts tonight, but VC had people silent back in his day with the 360 windmill and sticking his whole arm in the hoop.

You gotta get more creative nowadays and Dwight's definitely carrying the torch.

Edited by budlitebrad

:wacko: This is the first time in probably 20 years that I haven't watched or at very least taped/Tivo'ed the dunk contest / 3 point shooting contest. I may actually miss the All-Star game tonight, too. I'll probably DVR it, though. And fortunately, ESPN will play all the good (and probably most of the other) dunks and the 3 point highlights about a billion times.

Edit: And, thanks to budlitebrad, I know the winners of both contests because he put their names in thread titles. Nice move. :D

Edited by darin3

:wacko: This is the first time in probably 20 years that I haven't watched or at very least taped/Tivo'ed the dunk contest / 3 point shooting contest. I may actually miss the All-Star game tonight, too. I'll probably DVR it, though. And fortunately, ESPN will play all the good (and probably most of the other) dunks and the 3 point highlights about a billion times.

Edit: And, thanks to budlitebrad, I know the winners of both contests because he put their names in thread titles. Nice move. :D

I dvr'd the contest and the game.....but forgot to tape the show after as these things tend to go over.

Missed last 5 min of game so I missed Ray Allan's daggers and James dunk.... :D

Is there a site that I could catch these? YouTube?