[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cavs trading for Ben Wallace?

budlitebrad

Delonte West is an underrated lefty, so I like that pickup. Wallace has dropped off, but he had a ton of talent around him in Detroit, so maybe James will improve his play at the 4. Seattle can't dump their salary fast enough.

I think it's a decent trade for the Cavs, but they still don't match up with Boston or Detroit. At least they got rid of Hughes' contract.

Edited by budlitebrad

Horrible trade for the Cavs IMO.

Why?

Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Cedric Simmons, and Shannon Brown are deep bench guys. Marshall played 10 mpg in the playoffs, Newble played 10 minutes total in 6 playoff games. Simmons is a D-leaguer.

Shannon Brown fell to us on draft day. He was a McDonalds All-American who had a decent college career, but he's a 2/3 so on a team with LeBron he'll never get a chance for any serious playing time.

So we give Drew Gooden for Ben Wallace & Joe Smith. I think this is certainly an improvement. Especially if you consider the end-of-game, Wallace / Ilgauskas, defense / offense substitutions.

And Larry Hughes for Wally Szerbiak & Delonte West. Hughes is the better defender, West is the better ballhandler and Szerbiak is the better shooter. Who knows how the rotation fits?

Plus we got a 2nd round pick?

The more I look at the trade, the more I like it.

The interesting thing will be tonight's game:

Eric Snow

Damon Jones

Devin Brown

LeBron James

Dwayne Jones

Zydurnas Ilgauskas

Gibson, Varejao, Pavlovic are all injured. Gooden, Hughes, S Brown, Marshall, Simmons, & Newble are gone. Hoping to have the new guys by Sunday but that leaves the Cavs with just 6 healthy bodies for tonight's game. Expect them to bring up a D-leaguer or 2, but watch to see if LeBron can score 50 tonight.

Why?

Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Cedric Simmons, and Shannon Brown are deep bench guys. Marshall played 10 mpg in the playoffs, Newble played 10 minutes total in 6 playoff games. Simmons is a D-leaguer.

Shannon Brown fell to us on draft day. He was a McDonalds All-American who had a decent college career, but he's a 2/3 so on a team with LeBron he'll never get a chance for any serious playing time.

So we give Drew Gooden for Ben Wallace & Joe Smith. I think this is certainly an improvement. Especially if you consider the end-of-game, Wallace / Ilgauskas, defense / offense substitutions.

And Larry Hughes for Wally Szerbiak & Delonte West. Hughes is the better defender, West is the better ballhandler and Szerbiak is the better shooter. Who knows how the rotation fits?

Plus we got a 2nd round pick?

The more I look at the trade, the more I like it.

after digesing it- I agree with you- I like this deal for the Cavs- Wallace will add to an already damn good rebounding and defensive team- and Joe Smith is going to give Cle more than Gooden- and is a solid, steady pro. Chit he is averaging 11 and 5 in only 22 mpg. West is a scrappy PG - and Wally, well, the dude flat out knocks down jumpers and is the perfect weak side option when PBJ creates and finds open shooters- and I hink with an already strong defensive teasm you can hide him on that end of the floor -

time will tell, but I think this is a much better group