[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Green cleared to play

fingfootball

My favorite Hoosier football player! Go Trent! I was at IU when he tore it up and we were ranked as high as 21st! Sweet sweet memories... or lack thereof. Half empty stadium, tailgating till the 4th quarter, stumbling into the stadium to see who we were playing, priceless.

Just retire dude.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really wish Trent would just hang them up. He doesn't have what it takes anymore to play at a high level and I fear that instead of being able to walk away from the game, he'll be taken off the field on a stretcher one last time and never again live a normal life.

I really like Trent too, but he has just got to put his passion and the desire for the game aside. Health and family have to come first. I am affraid the Risk has to outway the Reward. Health wise, he has to know he could be just one hit away from never being able to care for his family again.

Would another team be so foolish to pick him up? Would he not be a liability to that organization?

Could a team be held responsible in case of a tragic event?

I've always like the guy. I just hope he's smart enough to retire. Or conversely, no one in the league will take a chance on permanently injuring him by signing him to play QB.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I really wish Trent would just hang them up. He doesn't have what it takes anymore to play at a high level and I fear that instead of being able to walk away from the game, he'll be taken off the field on a stretcher one last time and never again live a normal life.

I'm not so sure about that, the risk is too great though. Walk away Trent while you still can.