[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

taste of chaos 2008

tonorator

my 12yo and his pal are looking to go to this show. bands include avenge sevenfold, atreyu, and bullet for my valentine, i believe. plus some strange japanese bands.

anyone know anything about these bands? the show is just kicking off, so i can't find many reviews. not interested in taking them if it's going to be a cursefest with blood dripping from the stage. i know nothing of these bands other than my quick listen to some of their music makes me long for the music of old.

any thoughts?

my 12yo and his pal are looking to go to this show. bands include avenge sevenfold, atreyu, and bullet for my valentine, i believe. plus some strange japanese bands.

anyone know anything about these bands? the show is just kicking off, so i can't find many reviews. not interested in taking them if it's going to be a cursefest with blood dripping from the stage. i know nothing of these bands other than my quick listen to some of their music makes me long for the music of old.

any thoughts?

It's a rock show, so there will be cursing going on all night... That just goes with the genre. None of the bands that are playing are Slayer either. I view them as harmless, but then again, I grew up on Slayer, Pantera and Maiden. The majority of the people that will be there will be in their mid teens to 20's...

any thoughts?

I think those bands might be just a tad bit much for a 12-year old.

I think those bands might be just a tad bit much for a 12-year old.

that's where i came out. my neighbor had already bought tickets for him and his 12yo and then said that his son would really like it if nick could go with them. he said he would take them both or both nick and i could go. it kinda put us in a spot because he asked me after he already had committed to his son. they are general admission tickets. after talking about it with the wife, we decided these bands were too much. avenged has a song about cutting out your girlfriend's heart and eating it. plus their live performances on youtube have them f-ing this and f-ing that on stage the whole time.

on top of all that, my son is on a church retreat this weekend, so it would be a bit strange to have him come home from that and then take him to this the following weekend.

it's depressing and it kinda goes back to my other thread about staying power and bands. there were so many bands when i was a kid that it was very cool to go see. sure, they may throw out an f-bomb or two, but it wasn't coming from this dark suicidal place. it was from a fun party place with more of a positive vibe.

i'm going to try and look for other shows to recommend for us ... thanks for the advice.

that's where i came out. my neighbor had already bought tickets for him and his 12yo and then said that his son would really like it if nick could go with them. he said he would take them both or both nick and i could go. it kinda put us in a spot because he asked me after he already had committed to his son. they are general admission tickets. after talking about it with the wife, we decided these bands were too much. avenged has a song about cutting out your girlfriend's heart and eating it. plus their live performances on youtube have them f-ing this and f-ing that on stage the whole time.

on top of all that, my son is on a church retreat this weekend, so it would be a bit strange to have him come home from that and then take him to this the following weekend.

it's depressing and it kinda goes back to my other thread about staying power and bands. there were so many bands when i was a kid that it was very cool to go see. sure, they may throw out an f-bomb or two, but it wasn't coming from this dark suicidal place. it was from a fun party place with more of a positive vibe.

i'm going to try and look for other shows to recommend for us ... thanks for the advice.

:wacko:

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but the church weekend versus the cannibalistic devil worship was kinda funny.

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but the church weekend versus the cannibalistic devil worship was kinda funny.

Oh sure... he's for alternate theories in the science classroom, but when it comes to exposing his child to cannibalistic devil worship, he's suddenly afraid to present all the theories and let the boy decide.

:D

Oh sure... he's for alternate theories in the science classroom, but when it comes to exposing his child to cannibalistic devil worship, he's suddenly afraid to present all the theories and let the boy decide.

:D

makes perfect sense to me ...

If he's into rock music, and you're looking for something quality and safe, I suggest Thrice or Blindside. Both excellent bands musically and lyrically... Both also have Christian values and underlying song meanings, but not in an obvious in your face way.

If he's into rock music, and you're looking for something quality and safe, I suggest Thrice or Blindside. Both excellent bands musically and lyrically... Both also have Christian values and underlying song meanings, but not in an obvious in your face way.

Same with 12 Stones, although they might have some more overtly-Christian undertones.

And here's a

to one of their more popular tunes. Check on the right side of the page for links to their other songs.

They're actually one of my favorite bands... they hail from the land of SuperBalla.

And another edit to add that their live show was one of my favorite concert/shows ever.

Edited by darin3