[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bills & WR Bryant Johnson

I don't understand all the love for this guy...he'll be the next in line for horribly overpaid WRs this offseason (excluding Moss). This WR market is just ridiculous. He's done nothing in his career to make me believe he's anything more than an average #2 WR at best. Career highs of 49 catches or 740 yards (not even if the same year) in five full seasons does nothing for me. Be happy the Bills didn't waste cap space on him. I'd rather sign a relatively cheap veteran and draft a WR and take my chances than spend $30 million on this guy, which I assume is what he'll get given Jerry Porter's contract and the fatc he's younger than Porter and not a malcontent.

Im pretty sure the low numbers were due to a couple guys named Fitzgerald and Boldin... I could be wrong though. When either of them went out, BJ stepped in nicely from what I remember...

Im pretty sure the low numbers were due to a couple guys named Fitzgerald and Boldin... I could be wrong though. When either of them went out, BJ stepped in nicely from what I remember...

He was drafted the same year as Boldin (a round earlier) and Boldin flat out outplayed him and earned the starting job his rookie year. Then the next year they drafted Fitzgerald despite drafting Johnson in the 1st round the year prior. Given Fitzgerald is a unique talent, but to me that says they obviously weren't sold on Johnson becoming a solid starter to complement Boldin.

The Bills lately haven't been in the habit of signing big (or even average) named WRs. The best ones we have had in recent memory have been drafted and groomed. Moulds, Evans...

It would be nice to see them reach out to someone. It's a position they need help with.

He was drafted the same year as Boldin (a round earlier) and Boldin flat out outplayed him and earned the starting job his rookie year. Then the next year they drafted Fitzgerald despite drafting Johnson in the 1st round the year prior. Given Fitzgerald is a unique talent, but to me that says they obviously weren't sold on Johnson becoming a solid starter to complement Boldin.

Not really. I mean, there is a big difference between Fitz and a lot of WRs in BJs teir of skill. Problem is, we dont really know where BJs skill is as a starter. It doesnt matter who got drafted first, Boldin and Fitz will outplay most WRs in the league. I personally hope the Bills get BJ so we can see what he has. I just have a good feeling about him based on what Ive seen.

Not really. I mean, there is a big difference between Fitz and a lot of WRs in BJs teir of skill. Problem is, we dont really know where BJs skill is as a starter. It doesnt matter who got drafted first, Boldin and Fitz will outplay most WRs in the league. I personally hope the Bills get BJ so we can see what he has. I just have a good feeling about him based on what Ive seen.

Hey, that's fair enough, that's just my opinion. For what its worth, despite my average opinion of him, I have him on a dynasty team and I hope you're right.