[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

08 - The Year of Favre!

BeeR

I'm annoyed by Favre as much as the next guy but it's hard to argue with the numbers.

Eh, GB had one of those "lucky" years that teams get - virtually injury free, stole a few wins here and there, even had Dallas lose in the playoffs, giving them home field for the title game.

This year, one major injury is really killing them (losing Jenkins at DE) among many other dings and they aren't getting the bounces. Some of that is on Rodgers as a first-year starter, but I think realistically they were about an 11-5 team last year, so at THIS point, the regression isn't quite as pronounced. Beside, the BIGGEST issue GB is facing is a miserable run defense. Unless Favre was going to strap it up and play DT, there is only so much he could do.

The Jets are the opposite - last year they got hammered by injuries, this year not so much, and they improved their roster through FA, particularly with Jenkins and Faneca. They HAD been in the playoffs 4 of the past 6 years, so I'd say it's pretty apparent the cupboard wasn't completely bare.

Does trading Favre exacerbate both situations? Sure. Is it the be-all/end-all of the "why"? Not really.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic