[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

08 - The Year of Favre!

BeeR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not the only one. I had to turn off Sportscenter last night before I :wacko: ed

Your first error was turning on any non-game (PTI excepted) airing on ESPN in the first place.

You clowns that are saying you're tired of it are the same clowns that are keeping this thread at the top of the page.

:wacko: I don't see myself, Sturphy, BudLiteBrad, Randall or Big John starting these threads.

Don't confuse anyone with logic, it would ruin the board.

Check out this letter to the editor in today's Star Tribune in Viking land...

BRETT FAVRE RETIRES

A Strib love affair

Quite a few people complain that the Star Tribune is a liberal-leaning publication. I have a different observation. The Star Tribune is a "Favre- loving" publication. Just a quick glance at the paper this morning shows Brett Favre coverage on the front of at least three sections. I know there are teams out there other than the Vikings, but I'm not sure that the Star Tribune knows there are players out there other than Favre.

Who loves Favre more? John Madden, Packer fans or the Star Favre Tribune? That's a pretty tight race!

JIM THOMPSON, BLOOMINGTON

:D:D

:wacko:

BRETT FAVRE RETIRES

A Strib love affair

Quite a few people complain that the Star Tribune is a liberal-leaning publication. I have a different observation. The Star Tribune is a "Favre- loving" publication. Just a quick glance at the paper this morning shows Brett Favre coverage on the front of at least three sections. I know there are teams out there other than the Vikings, but I'm not sure that the Star Tribune knows there are players out there other than Favre.

Who loves Favre more? John Madden, Packer fans or the Star Favre Tribune? That's a pretty tight race!

:brew:

• 7 months later...

BRETT FAVRE RETIRES

A Strib love affair

Well it certainly isn't Jets fans this week.

Next week that'll be a different story. He rebounds from bad games so I'm starting him this week.

• 4 weeks later...

Another bump.

Since Favre hasn't shot himself (that we know of). If he did he would probably heal himself, but the question I have is...

If he brings the Jets from behind and wins the Super Bowl is he the best ever?

I think he would say no, Marino is the best passer, but what do you think?

Edited by Randall

Another bump.

Since Favre hasn't shot himself (that we know of). If he did he would probably heal himself, but the question I have is...

He brings a half ass team back from the dead to win a SB?

Nope still not enough, but he is a heck of a conversation piece!

Another bump.

Since Favre hasn't shot himself (that we know of). If he did he would probably heal himself but the question I have is...

[b ] is :D

Jets aren't going anywhere near the SB....

it's funny how when Favre is mentioned or has success, it's ALWAYS about Favre, never the team

or the system or the defense....he seems to get the credit. :wacko:

Edited by pig devilz

it's funny how when Favre is mentioned or has success, it's ALWAYS about Favre, never the team

or the system or the defense....he seems to get the credit. :wacko:

"GB was 13-3 last year, 5-6 this year....Jest were 4-12 last year (or whatever) and are 8-3 this year; what's the difference?"

Maybe it was time for Pennington to move on, but with how well he's played in Miami, GB would probably be no better than 7-4 WITH Favre and the Jets would still be much improved WITHOUT him.

Of course, it's all hypothetical and thus nobody can prove anything. :D

"GB was 13-3 last year, 5-6 this year....Jest were 4-12 last year (or whatever) and are 8-3 this year; what's the difference?"

Maybe it was time for Pennington to move on, but with how well he's played in Miami, GB would probably be no better than 7-4 WITH Favre and the Jets would still be much improved WITHOUT him.

Of course, it's all hypothetical and thus nobody can prove anything. :wacko:

I'm annoyed by Favre as much as the next guy but it's hard to argue with the numbers.

Edited by Clubfoothead