[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Tournaments

godtomsatan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are dozens of great college basketball players in the country, but g'dang, Ryan Anderson of Cal is pretty frickin' badass.

yup - He was the BEST player in the Pac 10 this year. On a side note - a lot or Bay area peeps want Ben Braun's head b/c once again he has a very talented team that underperformed, yet again. Had some tough tough losses but cmon this team should have been challenging for an NCAA torunament berth. Both Anderson and Hardin are 1st rd picks next year.

Edited by wildcat2334

Big East is overrated

Both Syr and Nova are about equal to Cal and Wash - the 8th and 9th best teams in the Pac 10 -

Normally you make some valid points but this statement is just stupid. You compare the 8th & 9th teams from one conference with the 8th & 9th teams from your conference then claim the BE is overrated?? :wacko:

If Cal & Wash were comparable they would be closer to making the tournament rather than NIT bound.

Normally you make some valid points but this statement is just stupid. You compare the 8th & 9th teams from one conference with the 8th & 9th teams from your conference then claim the BE is overrated?? :wacko:

If Cal & Wash were comparable they would be closer to making the tournament rather than NIT bound.

cmon VIG - BIG difference between the 8,9th place teams in a 10 team conference vs a 16 team conference - you kidding me?? didn't think I needed to spell that out to you?

if CAL/UW played in a different conference with unbalanced schedules - they would have had a better opp to make the NCAA tourney than the Pac 10 - WVU is a perfek example- 11 W in conference- but due to the diluted BE, and unbalanced sched- not many quality W's in there

I mean, the Pac 10 has 70% of it's teams right there for NCAA berths, an 8th that will be NIT bound. A 9th in UW capable of beating anyone, combine that with the balanced sched - that is a brutal conference slate

Baylor with an early exit today vs Colorado (worst big 12 seed). That's got to hurt their chances a little and hopefully help my Aggies if they can get by Iowa State tonight. Oklahoma gets a nice break as they'll see Colorado in tomorrows Quarterfinal.

such a hater :wacko:

chit I went to UA, and I want the freakin Devils to get in - very very shaky, but the bubble is so weak you never know -

#75 RPI out on the first day of the conference tourney ain't good enough.

Crazy win by UGA in OT.

Ole Miss joins the long list of bubble teams that choked today. I guess everyone wants to play in the NIT.

It could definitely help Ohio State stand out tomorrow if they can step up against MSU.

Edited by budlitebrad

Maryland, Wake, UMass, Baylor, New Mexico, Arizona, Oregon, ASU, Florida, & Ole Miss.

It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men! is wrong with these teams. Any of them grabs a big win and they can probably punch their ticket off the bubble and into tourney. So what do they do? All lose. Gross.

thing is though- damn near EVERY bubble team lost - most of them much worse than getting effed by the refs against a good team like USC

UNM, UMASS, Dayton, Baylor, Ole Miss, FlA

been watching alot of these gamse- ASU is an an NCAA tournament team

ASU's quality wins are better than any "bubble" teams out there. I think the Sun Devils get an invite. Losing the first round game is tough but look at the opponent? I think SC is going to the Sweet 16. ASU in, Arizona out.

Just saw the replay of the "foul" at the end of the USC game. Another great call by the Pac10 refs.

As hard as it is for me to say it Pac-10 officiating in basketball and football is probably the worst in the country. The best sports conference in the land and the most inept refs :wacko:

ASU's quality wins are better than any "bubble" teams out there. I think the Sun Devils get an invite. Losing the first round game is tough but look at the opponent? I think SC is going to the Sweet 16. ASU in, Arizona out.

dude- even tho ASU beat UA 2x- there is no scenario they get in over UA IMO - UA has the better resume. They have 10 wins vs. RPI top 100 and the # SOS - throw in the injuries and the rest of the bubble shatting their respecitve beds - I think UA/ASU/OU all have a good shot

dude- even tho ASU beat UA 2x- there is no scenario they get in over UA IMO - UA has the better resume. They have 10 wins vs. RPI top 100 and the # SOS - throw in the injuries and the rest of the bubble shatting their respecitve beds - I think UA/ASU/OU all have a good shot

I hope your right and they all 3 get in but watching the Cats and the Devils the last 4 weeks the Sun Devils are clearly the better team.

I don't agree that Arizona has the better resume over Arizona State.

Arizona QW

WSU (2), USC, Houston?

Arizona St, QW

Xavier (by 22!), Oregon, Arizona (2), Stanford, USC

I do think that if Arizona and ASU are on the fence and the committee has to decide between one or the other, the Sun Devils will get in because of their quality wins and they WILL look at the H2H battles which were both won by the Sun Devils.

I'd be really surprised if Arizona makes it with an 18-14 record, including a 4-8 record over the last 12 (two of those wins being Oregon State). Against likely tournament teams, they beat Texas A&M and won @ UNLV. In conference, they finished 7th place with a 8-10 record. I'm just not seeing them in over ASU or Oregon, especially considering they got swept by both schools this season.

Arizona State has an RPI right now of 81. They are 19-12, and they beat Xavier. They had a pretty cake non-conference schedule and managed a 9-9 mark to tie with Oregon for 5th place in the conference. Oregon has an RPI in the 50s somewhere. 18-13 overall, 6-6 in the last 12. Beat Kansas St. and Mt. St. Mary's. Lost to St. Mary's.

I'm not sure either of these are particularly strong teams at this point, and it would not shock me if both got left out. Wouldn't shock me if both made it as #12 seeds either. Wait until Sunday I guess.