[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Tournaments

godtomsatan

Tonight:

MAAC Championship: Rider vs. Siena (7pm EDT)

CAA Championship: George Mason vs. William & Mary (7pm EDT)

WCC Championship: Gonzaga vs. San Diego (9pm EDT)

Southern Championship: Davidson vs. Elon (9pm EDT)

The best matchup of the night is Rider vs. Siena, as both finished 1-2 in the conference.

GMU would have had a great matchup with VCU, but W&M pulled off the upset to get to the championship last night. VCU could be a bubble team with a 24-7 record and a #52 RPI with wins @ Maryland and over Houston.

Gonzaga should win their matchup with USD, but the WCC is a very solid conference and ought to have 2 teams in the tournament. St. Mary's, who lost to San Diego in 2OTs last night, deserves a spot in the dance with a 25-6 record and wins over Drake, Oregon, and Gonzaga. A San Diego win creates lots of problems for big conference teams on the bubble.

No reason Davidson should lose this game, as they have won 21 straight and Elon has an RPI of 219, but they are hot, played Davidson to a 2-pt loss earlier in the year, and beat Coll. of Charleston on their home court yesterday by 14.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight:

MAAC Championship: Rider vs. Siena (7pm EDT)

CAA Championship: George Mason vs. William & Mary (7pm EDT)

WCC Championship: Gonzaga vs. San Diego (9pm EDT)

Southern Championship: Davidson vs. Elon (9pm EDT)

The best matchup of the night is Rider vs. Siena, as both finished 1-2 in the conference.

Gonzaga should win their matchup with USD, but the WCC is a very solid conference and ought to have 2 teams in the tournament. St. Mary's, who lost to San Diego in 2OTs last night, deserves a spot in the dance with a 25-6 record and wins over Drake, Oregon, and Gonzaga. A San Diego win creates lots of problems for big conference teams on the bubble.

Rider and Siena tied for top spot and Rider got the tiebreaker. The game is in Albany, though, which is 10 minutes from Siena. Look for the Saints to have the rowdy home crowd.

I'll have to take your word on the WCC being a decent conference. Haven't seen many games but last night's Gonzo / SC contest was atrocious. Maybe that is not the norm, though.

WOW

only Monday- and already 2 Bubble Teams will not be dancing due to USD and MTSU winning tonight- unreal.

St, Marys, Gonzaga and South Bama all have strong resumes and should be IN

Syracuse, OSU, FLA, ASU, Oregon, VTech, NOVA, MD all need to finish strong or they could be in trouble

what a start to the Madness

Tuesday night:

Summit League Championship: IUPUI vs. Oral Roberts (7:00pm EDT)

Horizon League Championship: Butler vs. Cleveland St. (9:00pm EDT)

Sun Belt Conference Championship: W. Kentucky vs. Mid Tenn St. (9:00pm EDT)

Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. In case anyone was wondering. I know there are now around 350 Div 1 basketball programs, but it would be nice if they stopped letting in the community college sounding monikers. Anyway, both IUPUI (the Jaguars) and Oral Roberts are pretty solid clubs, and fairly even. Check this out: Roberts is 22-8 overall, 16-2 in the conference, and ranked #63 in the RPI. IUPUI is 23-6 overall, 15-3 in the conference, and ranked #70 in the RPI. In the game @ Tulsa, ORU won by 2 pts. @ Indianapolis, IUPUI won by 3. Oral Roberts will play host for the conference final, so it explains the fact they are 3 point favorites. One goes to the tourney, one goes to the NIT.

Butler is ranked #12 right now, and a loss to Cleveland St. (who beat them earlier in the year) is another nightmare sceanrio for the bubble squads. The Horizon league has a real strong RPI this year as the #11 ranked conference (for reference, CUSA is #10, and the MAC is #12), but Butler is the only one that will make it if they win tonight. Could be interesting given the events of last night.

Western Kentucky and South Alabama would have been the sexy matchup, but MTSU pulled off the upset. S.Alabama is now a bubble squad, but they have a very impressive resume. So does W.Kentucky, but if they lose tonight, I doubt the conference gets 3 teams. Would certainly make things a heckuva lot more nerve racking for the big conferences.

Edited by godtomsatan

Boeheim seems satisfied staying in zone while being picked apart right now.

That is ALL they play. One of the reasons I hate Boeheim is because he cannot make adjustments at all. If his guys are making shots and the other team is missing, they win. That's it. They never win because of him.

The Big East is over-rated?

Boeheim stinks?

Cmon guys, let's be sensible here.

It's my prediction that the Big East will go nuts this year in the NCAA's.....Maybe not win it the whole thing, but I could see them easily sending 3 teams to the Elite 8. I tthink it's going to be a great NCAA tournament this year......ACC, SEC, WAC....I don't care who wins it all, I just wanna see 63 great games!!

Best of luck to everyone and their fav. team from now until April

BM

Edited by BigMikeinNY

That is ALL they play. One of the reasons I hate Boeheim is because he cannot make adjustments at all. If his guys are making shots and the other team is missing, they win. That's it. They never win because of him.

We have not had a Senior play one minute in months, injuries do not help. We will get Ratuins and 'D-Dorff back next year. Our PG has played like 700 straight minutes, the little guy gets tired. Oh well, NIT it is :wacko:

We have not had a Senior play one minute in months, injuries do not help. We will get Ratuins and 'D-Dorff back next year. Our PG has played like 700 straight minutes, the little guy gets tired. Oh well, NIT it is :wacko:

Big fan here Mike. Next year we'll rock if healthy. Top 15 you heard it here first.

Oh, and watch L'ville in the tournament.

Big fan here Mike. Next year we'll rock if healthy. Top 15 you heard it here first.

Oh, and watch L'ville in the tournament.

I lile Louisville & GT to go deep outta the BE- Marquette has the potential with those guards - the rest of the BE, not so much

Syracuse top 15, maybe- but Boeheim stinks as in game coach- he can recruit tho.............

I lile Louisville & GT to go deep outta the BE- Marquette has the potential with those guards - the rest of the BE, not so much

Syracuse top 15, maybe- but Boeheim stinks as in game coach- he can recruit tho.............

31 Seasons

750 Wins, 264 Losses

21 NCAA Tourney Teams

3 Final Four Teams

1 NCAA Tourney Title

5 Conf Tourney Titles

30 NBA Draft Picks

Stinks as a game coach??

Who then is good enough to post stats like this (name 5).

The NEC Championship featuring Mt. St. Mary's and Sacred Heart is on right now. Neither won the regular season title, and the winner is likely to face the SWAC Champ in the play-in game before getting annihilated by Tennessee or UNC/Duke.

While maybe not the caliber of play featured in a Big East quarter matchup, it's certainly more exciting.

Edited by godtomsatan

31 Seasons

750 Wins, 264 Losses

21 NCAA Tourney Teams

3 Final Four Teams

1 NCAA Tourney Title

5 Conf Tourney Titles

30 NBA Draft Picks

Stinks as a game coach??

Who then is good enough to post stats like this (name 5).

Listen, I like him, I think he is one of the good guys out ther - don't get me wrong. I just think he is a far greater recruiter than he is an x's and o's coach. I am sure some SU fans would agree, and feel that probably he should have won more than 1 National Championship with the teams he has had......

just rolls the ball out there and let's em go- and as a result gets outcoached by guys who make solid in game adjustments and have better gameplans.