[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Depressing

CaP'N GRuNGe

LOL...University Chicago Hospital is one of the best teaching hospitals in the nation. They get more than the one million...I can assure you of that. You are such a knucklehead.

...Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office.

They taught this one well.

...Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office.

They taught this one well.

You sound jealous. Or is it that you think everyone should make the same and never get raises, eh, comrade?

Bush is giving an economics lesson to The Economic Club of New York right now on CNN while they had a box in the corner showing the Dow dropping (down a couple hundred points).

Somehow the guy just doesn't inspire alot of confidence.

people actually tried to defend Bush or the above statement ?

Grunge you had it right ..period

You sound jealous. Or is it that you think everyone should make the same and never get raises, eh, comrade?

I'm all for healthy raises, but (if true) 160% seems a bit excessive and coincidental to Obama's election.

you so funny. you call that a raise.

two and half times her regular pay. tad bit above the norm.

strange thing tho. get that big ole raise and still not proud to be an American.

she did say first time eh ,comrade?

I'm all for healthy raises, but (if true) 160% seems a bit excessive and coincidental to Obama's election.

Does she still have the same title....did she take on another position that was in existence before and not now. This is why I will not vote republican anytime in the near future. I won't vote democrat either. But please argue with facts versus thinking in a slippery slope. Makes people look foolish.

strange thing tho. get that big ole raise and still not proud to be an American.

Dimwit...she said first time she has been REALLY proud. That sentence does not mean she has never been proud. Would require you have an ability to comprehend english....which we all know you don't.

Moran. Be truthful and put her words in context. And she said "really" proud. She was talking about how proud she was of people starting to care and get involved in changing our government. But you don't understand or believe in "hope" so why do I bother.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Does she still have the same title....did she take on another position that was in existence before and not now. This is why I will not vote republican anytime in the near future. I won't vote democrat either. But please argue with facts versus thinking in a slippery slope. Makes people look foolish.

1. The link referred to it as a raise, not a promotion.

2. I qualified my statement by adding the (if true).

3. I would have said the same thing about any politician under the same circumstances, Republican, Democrat, Independent, or otherwise.

She was the VP of community affairs. Her husband just became a VIP in the community, and would be a major asset for both her, and whoever she worked for. The fact of the matter is, her price doubled because that's what her price became on the open market. If you wouldn't have had a problem with her quitting and going to a new job for 160% more money, then you shouldn't condemn her for showing a little loyalty and sticking with her existing one for her new price. Given the role of her job, access and influence were valuable assets to the hospital. It wasn't like Mrs. Obama was a nurse at the hospital and they doubled her salary.

Now, if there were actual evidence of bribery, or quid pro quo, I'd change my tune accordingly. But right now all I'm hearing is a bunch of partisan speculation about the kind of crap that goes down on both sides of the political isle. (Shall we dig into whether any member of the Bush family *might* be receiving more compensation than would otherwise be justified in the open market if they had a different last name?)

If you want to burn the whole system down and start over, I'll help carry the gasoline. Otherwise, this is little more than someone taking a few facts and trying to stretch them to mean more without evidence to back it up. Though, I've got no problem with reporting the facts of Mrs. Obama's compensation. That's fair game.

Edited by yo mama

1. The link referred to it as a raise, not a promotion.

2. I qualified my statement by adding the (if true).

3. I would have said the same thing about any politician under the same circumstances, Republican, Democrat, Independent, or otherwise.

It wasn't directed at you....I find you to be fair minded.....it was more at the implications of the statement which I knew you meant universally.

I recently doubled my salary in a year's time. And I didn't even have to sleep with a black man to get it.

The fair market value of someone's time can go up, or down, for any number of reasons. Valuable connections can be one such reason.

Moran. Be truthful and put her words in context. And she said "really" proud. She was talking about how proud she was of people starting to care and get involved in changing our government. But you don't understand or believe in "hope" so why do I bother.

Name calling. how fun.

here is her statemant about being proud. she doesnt say sqat about really.

link

Bush is giving an economics lesson to The Economic Club of New York right now on CNN while they had a box in the corner showing the Dow dropping (down a couple hundred points).

Somehow the guy just doesn't inspire alot of confidence.

Maybe its because every time he talks about the economy he appears to be disassociated from reality.

Two things :

Watched parts of bush speech today and it was sad ..like watching someone try and tie their shoes with boxing gloves on

He was clueless

2nd , I do not understand how hard line coservative republicans and bush followers , still exist ...last 8 years have been a complete disaster ...economically , domestically , internationally

I don't think bush did one good thing or one thing right in 8 years

Worse president in the history ofg our country

I know I will get some nasty , negative replies to this ...that's ok ...truth hurts

""For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country"

How can you spin that?

Cause really is an adjective.....It is a descriptive word. Like a person can be happy....and then be really happy.

Edited by TheShiznit

It won't be long until all political threads are gunned here.

If you have to point out that someone is an idiot, please do so with factual information and mutual respect.

Well, when someone goes out of their way to outright lie about something....isn't that dimwittish!!!! lol