[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baby CFH

Clubfoothead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CongratsJohn! And family!

She's still in the ICU unit. She had a setback last night. Doctor said to call it a heart attack, the acutal diagnosis was SVT and it was very scary. She has now been upgraded to stable condition. She has a feeding tube in because she's not eating enough but that was expected with her condition. The SVT was not expected but they think that has to do with the vessel that bypasses the lungs or heart that dissolves within a week after birth. All her bloodwork, her EKG and echocardiogram were normal for a kid with her condition so they really don't know what happened but my desire to hurry-up and get her home has gone away. She probably wouldn't have made it last night if she were not in the NICU up here at the hospital. Looks like she's going to be in the ICU a while longer but that's already saved her life once so we will take it.

Anyway, mom and me got about 4 hours of sleep last night and are feeling better. Hope to have some pictures up soon but about 10 minutes before the SVT last night they let me take my first picture of her with a flash. It didn't turn out and now I consider that a jinx. I will also not wear my Capt. America t-shirt back up here.

We named her Shelby Frances. My father's middle name is Francis after St. Francis of Asissi whose as close to a hippie as a saint can probably get, Also St. Frances was a hospital builder for the poor. Now you have to scrub your hands and forearms for 3 minutes like a doctor before going in to see her. My body clock has been set to hit the bathroom before going in to visit her. I'm a hand washer, even after I take a leak. Do you folks think it necessary to wash my hands before leaving the bathroom only to go straight to the sinks in the ICU to give them a 3 minute scrub?

I know everyone is wishing her the best. Thanks for that. Gotta go...

She's still in the ICU unit. She had a setback last night. Doctor said to call it a heart attack, the acutal diagnosis was SVT and it was very scary. She has now been upgraded to stable condition. She has a feeding tube in because she's not eating enough but that was expected with her condition. The SVT was not expected but they think that has to do with the vessel that bypasses the lungs or heart that dissolves within a week after birth. All her bloodwork, her EKG and echocardiogram were normal for a kid with her condition so they really don't know what happened but my desire to hurry-up and get her home has gone away. She probably wouldn't have made it last night if she were not in the NICU up here at the hospital. Looks like she's going to be in the ICU a while longer but that's already saved her life once so we will take it.

Anyway, mom and me got about 4 hours of sleep last night and are feeling better. Hope to have some pictures up soon but about 10 minutes before the SVT last night they let me take my first picture of her with a flash. It didn't turn out and now I consider that a jinx. I will also not wear my Capt. America t-shirt back up here.

We named her Shelby Frances. My father's middle name is Francis after St. Francis of Asissi whose as close to a hippie as a saint can probably get, Also St. Frances was a hospital builder for the poor. Now you have to scrub your hands and forearms for 3 minutes like a doctor before going in to see her. My body clock has been set to hit the bathroom before going in to visit her. I'm a hand washer, even after I take a leak. Do you folks think it necessary to wash my hands before leaving the bathroom only to go straight to the sinks in the ICU to give them a 3 minute scrub?

I know everyone is wishing her the best. Thanks for that. Gotta go...

Glad to hear she is doing better now. I love the name you picked as my #2 is also a Shelby. :wacko: