[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help Me Decide

The Holy Roller

I realize the TG isn't the right forum but it is the most traveled. The local tournament pick'em we have here is hugh. Sometimes over 120 players. The rules: Pick any 12 teams. You earn points by the teams winning and advancing. But you earn points according to the team's seeding times the round they win. For instance a #1 seed winning in the first round earns you 1 point. A #12 seed winning in the first round gets you 12 points. If that #12 would win in the second round you'd get 24 points and so on. So it's not just a matter of picking obvious winners. The hunt is on for those mid to lower seeds that have a chance to advance a couple of rounds. You continue to earn points as long as your teams advance.

I haven't followed the college scene very closely this year so I'm not sure who is peaking, who is coasting, etc. Any help would be very much appreciated. And if any Huddlers would like to participate you are more than welcome. Cost is $10 and you may enter as many teams as you'd like. Last year a woman teacher won it all by having her 6th graders pick for her. Payout depends on the number of entries. Usually pay down 6-10 places. If this needs to be moved I thank BJ in advance.

Edited by The Holy Roller

I'm not sold on Georgia. Sure they pulled off a miracle at the end of the season, but they're not a great team and I don't see them beating a solid Xavier team.

I was thinking the same thing. I have Xavier going to the elite 8 in almost all of my brackets.