[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If The Shiznit is pissed about Truman and the end of WWII, imagine how he'll feel about this real history.

I Like Soup

The Armistice was signed with Germany at 5am on the day the war ended...but it specified the fighting would officially stop at 11am. So...our commanders went ahead and began assaults that had been planned for later in the month. :wacko: At 11am our troops could have walked in to German held territory with nary a shot.

But...we lost more men in the last six hours of that war than we did on D-Day.

General John Pershing should have been shot for allowing this to happen. He had our troops storm fortified German positions (read: machine guns)...imagine the results.

Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour: Armistice Day, 1918 World War I and Its Violent Climax.

Shiznit, if you wanna be indignant about things that happened in our history that Americans decided and it was truly wrong, this is an outstanding place to start. Get started.

Edited by I Like Soup

The Armistice was signed with Germany at 5am on the day the war ended...but it specified the fighting would officially stop at 11am. So...our commanders went ahead and began assaults that had been planned for later in the month. :wacko: At 11am our troops could have walked in to German held territory with nary a shot.

General John Pershing should have been shot for allowing this to happen. He had our troops storm fortified German positions (read: machine guns)...imagine the results.

Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour: Armistice Day, 1918 World War I and Its Violent Climax.

Shiznit, if you wanna be indignant about things that happened in our history that Americans decided and it was truly wrong, this is an outstanding place to start. Get started.

I appreciate the adventure, but I was more interested in the Pacific Theatre of WWII versus Europe. I am not very schooled in the ancillary writings surrounding the European front as I was with the Pacific one. Carry on.

I appreciate the adventure, but I was more interested in the Pacific Theatre of WWII versus Europe. I am not very schooled in the ancillary writings surrounding the European front as I was with the Pacific one. Carry on.

:wacko:

Well, maybe take a look when you get a chance, the way World War I ended was an absolute travesty and should get any red-blooded American fired up like no other. Not to mention, in both wars (read: WWI and II), I think the European theater is the most interesting from a technology standpoint.

umm, it's a different war, not just a different front. :wacko:

You've been getting your ass handed to you here all day. Apparently you really get off on showcasing your ignorance and arrogance.

Dude, The Shiznit is your equal but opposite soul brother in many ways. He is undergoing the Huddle learning process: There are folks here who are significantly more knowledgeable on numerous subjects than you'd like to think they are. And some of them have differing philosophical/political outlooks. :wacko:

I will say his inability to acknowledge his arse talking is getting old.

Dude, The Shiznit is your equal but opposite soul brother in many ways. He is undergoing the Huddle learning process: There are folks here who are significantly more knowledgeable on numerous subjects than you'd like to think they are. And some of them have differing philosophical/political outlooks. :wacko:

Learning what....that bill will disparage anyone or anything that violates his preconceived notions of what he thinks he knows? laughable at best. Then requests you do all the research for him....not my job....already did it once.

Learning what....that bill will disparage anyone or anything that violates his preconceived notions of what he thinks he knows? laughable at best. Then requests you do all the research for him....not my job....already did it once.

newbie tool liar

We lost a lot more people to the Spanish Influenza than in the first world war too. Maybe wars should be avoided when possible? Maybe comparing Saddam to Hitler/WW2( a just war) was a mistake?

Anyone care to admit a mistake?

Dude, The Shiznit is your equal but opposite soul brother in many ways.

Yeah, except that I tend to back up my statements with historical facts. He does have the "argue relentlessly" thing down, though. :wacko:

+1

We lost a lot more people to the Spanish Influenza than in the first world war too. Maybe wars should be avoided when possible? Maybe comparing Saddam to Hitler/WW2( a just war) was a mistake?

Anyone care to admit a mistake?

Irrelevant, but nice try at a smoke screen.