[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't get enough of this tune

loaf

Johanna drove slowly into the city

The Hudson River all filled with snow

She spied the ring on his honor’s finger

Oh oh oh

A thousand years in one piece of silver

She took it from his lily white hand

Showed no fear she’d seen the thing

In the young men’s wing at Sloan-Kettering

Look outside at the raincoats coming, say oh!

His honor drove southward seeking exotica

Down to the Pueblo huts of New Mexico

Cut his teeth on turquoise harmonicas

Oh oh oh

I saw Johanna down in the subway

She took an apartment in Washington Heights

Half of the ring lies here with me

But the other half’s at the bottom of the sea

that's a great Molly tune...did you pick up the new one?

Not yet. I generally like to stay 4-5 years behind the music scene. . .keeps the costs down. I did check out their myspace and listened to half the album there. Very solid.

I went and downloaded several of their tracks after their appearance on Saturday Night Live. It's very rare that I watch the musical guest these days, but those guys were good. I had never heard of them before.

They've been getting play on Left of Center on Sirius. Great stuff. I love "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa".

They've been getting play on Left of Center on Sirius. Great stuff. I love "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa".

The whole CD is phenomenol...

thanks 2 u i had 2... :D

I have that effect on people :wacko:

not to toot my own horn but I did advise Darin to check out Vampire Weekend at SXSW...don't think he did though

They were on my list, but I only got to see about 1/4, if that, of what I wanted to. A] being married, B] having my sister in town and C] not having the SXSW really handcuffed my band-watching. I will probably get a wristband next year and give the wife a few hundred bucks to go shopping so I can go watch bands on my own. :wacko:

Vampire Weekend's pretty good... like someone mentioned in this thread I saw them on SNL and was mildly impressed but thought they sounded like just about every other "hipster" band that's out right now.... good nonetheless.

Wow Darin, I don't think they sound like any other band. Not in the least.

I didn't know they were on SNL but I'm usually sleeping by 11:30 anyways

The only thing they remind me of is early Weezer. It's not the sound so much as the mood of the music. That said, I don't think they sound like the other stuff that's on the stations I hear. I'm not as "with it" musically as I used to be, but I dig these guys.

Wow Darin, I don't think they sound like any other band. Not in the least.

I didn't know they were on SNL but I'm usually sleeping by 11:30 anyways

Punk is definitely one of their better/catchier/more unique tunes, but the songs they played on SNL sounded like every other band whose members shop at Salvation Army for their threads. :wacko:

The whole CD is phenomenol...

Agree completely. These guys have been getting a ton of hype over the past 6-9 months and was glad when they finally put out their disc in late January. If I had to pick one band that they remind of the most, it would be Talking Heads....

Looking forward to seeing these guys at Bonnaroo this year. :wacko:

Punk is definitely one of their better/catchier/more unique tunes, but the songs they played on SNL sounded like every other band whose members shop at Salvation Army for their threads. :wacko:

I respect your opinion...I think A Punk is the song with the most universal appeal and does sound like some other bands. The rest of the CD isn't so accessible. It took me a few times to really get it